KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

2014 World Crazy Golf Championships - Hastings Crazy

+8
DT
Mr X
tiger
AlienUK
Freebird
The Natural
Sheila_Knowledge
The Force
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Mr X

Mr X

All the very best this weekend guys, I really hope the weather is:
A) Good for you all in Hastings & B) Better for myself & Phil in Tenerife!
I'll be checking results on Saturday & hope to see plenty of KMGC at the sharp end.
Play well everyone, good luck & VTK!
cheers

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

DT

DT
Admin

Mr X wrote:All the very best this weekend guys, I really hope the weather is:
I'll be checking results on Saturday & hope to see plenty of KMGC at the sharp end.
cheers
Thanks Andy, hope you enjoy your holiday! We'll try to do you proud Very Happy

The Natural

The Natural

cheers

and CEMGC Very Happy

Mr X

Mr X

DT wrote:
cheers
Thanks Andy,  hope you enjoy your holiday!  We'll try to do you proud Very Happy
You always do Marion! sunny

Mr X

Mr X

The Natural wrote:
cheers

and CEMGC Very Happy
Of course Natch! Very Happy
P.s Nice to see that £30 million gets you a flukey goal occasionally!
lol!

The Natural

The Natural

Mr X wrote:
The Natural wrote:
cheers

and CEMGC Very Happy
Of course Natch! Very Happy  
P.s Nice to see that £30 million gets you a flukey goal occasionally!
lol!

lol!

The Natural

The Natural

Once again massive thanks to Sean and Marion for yet another great weekend.

The Force

The Force

Shock horror...another event superbly coordinated by the Homers affraid

A fantastic weekend as always with decent weather to boot too! Shocked

Well played everyone...Andy, get that tanned ass back to Hastings for next year!! Razz

VTK! Cool

DT

DT
Admin

And if I might report this :-

One KMGC player practised for 2 hours on Friday and played after an absence of 6 years, another KMGC player lives near the course, has played the last few years and practised regularily...

Who came top out of that head to head...??? Twisted Evil

The Force

The Force

DT wrote:And if I might report this :-

One KMGC player practised for 2 hours on Friday and played after an absence of 6 years, another KMGC player lives near the course, has played the last few years and practised regularily...

Who came top out of that head to head...??? Twisted Evil

Haha...I heard about this particular tussle and that it escalated rapidly over a bill at the KMGC meal! Rolling Eyes

DT

DT
Admin

You are mis informed Marc - it was purely due to positioning at the start of day 2 - everyone has to have someone in their sights to aim for.

David Hartley was aiming to beat both myself and Tiger as we were so close to him, for example.

It has nothing to do with anything else and I wouldn't want anyone to think it was.

The Force

The Force

DT wrote:You are mis informed Marc - it was purely due to positioning at the start of day 2 - everyone has to have someone in their sights to aim for.

David Hartley was aiming to beat both myself and Tiger as we were so close to him, for example.

It has nothing to do with anything else and I wouldn't want anyone to think it was.

This has to be one of my favourite posts ever on this forum cheers

Sheila_Knowledge

I miss all the good bits...

The Force

The Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZMuI2vMJg0&feature=youtu.be

Adam Kelly's final shot time: End of 1st shot @ 1.30. 2nd shot @ 3.06. 1 min 36 second between shots!

"16. Unless otherwise announced by the tournament organisers, players have 45 seconds to play their first shot and 30 seconds so each subsequent shot."

My one gripe at the moment at events...repeat offenders of slow play!

AlienUK

The only hassle with paying the bill was the shocking lack of queuing etiquette.....

Thanks again to Team Homer for a well oiled machine of a tournament.  It all seems so simple to get 62 people playing 4 rounds of minigolf in a minute perfect procession, but it takes a lot of brain power, commitment and patience.

Now on to Lost Island......

AK47

AK47

The Force wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZMuI2vMJg0&feature=youtu.be

Adam Kelly's final shot time: End of 1st shot @ 1.30. 2nd shot @ 3.06. 1 min 36 second between shots!

"16. Unless otherwise announced by the tournament organisers, players have 45 seconds to play their first shot and 30 seconds so each subsequent shot."

Whereas my one gripe would be loud and offputting ace celebrations...

The Force

The Force

AK47 wrote:

Whereas my one gripe would be loud and offputting ace celebrations...

I agree also. Unsportsmanlike behavior should never be ignored and should also be punished according to the rules.

AK47

AK47

Do I take it you're suggesting I should have received a penalty shot or a warning on the final lane?

The Force

The Force

Based on the video - yes! Warning for first offence followed by a shot penalty for the second occasion etc. The unnecessary length of time taken for the shot (straight and unobstructed) has already been picked up by a certain media story about the WCGC. Slow play is one of the barriers to making any sport event exciting for spectators and media. Fencing has recently had to bring in passivity rules to hurry matches along and prevent slow play for example.

AK47

AK47

The Force wrote:Based on the video - yes! Warning for first offence followed by a shot penalty for the second occasion etc. The unnecessary length of time taken for the shot (straight and unobstructed) has already been picked up by a certain media story about the WCGC. Slow play is one of the barriers to making any sport event exciting for spectators and media. Fencing has recently had to bring in passivity rules to hurry matches along and prevent slow play for example.

28. The decisions of the Tournament organisers are final and no discussion will be entered into.

The Gringo

The Gringo

scratch Laughing

Last edited by The Gringo on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

TK Max

For goodness sake Marc. It was a brilliantly organised tournament which ran like clockwork and every group started their round on time all weekend. Everyone else had finished their tournament and was crowded round the 18th watching the final group. Adam had a tricky putt which made the difference between a possible £500 for third place and a maximum £200 for fifth. Nobody minded him taking his time on that one and if anything it added to the tension and drama. Yes, slow play is an issue but it was not generally a problem at the weekend. Who was being held up at that stage? Or perhaps you were just hoping that Adam would miss the putt?

AlienUK

As a lowly Cat 2 player who had a disappointing weekend, could I respectfully suggest this is not the place to have this discussion

The Force

The Force

AK47 wrote:
The Force wrote:Based on the video - yes! Warning for first offence followed by a shot penalty for the second occasion etc. The unnecessary length of time taken for the shot (straight and unobstructed) has already been picked up by a certain media story about the WCGC. Slow play is one of the barriers to making any sport event exciting for spectators and media. Fencing has recently had to bring in passivity rules to hurry matches along and prevent slow play for example.

28. The decisions of the Tournament organisers are final and no discussion will be entered into.

Haha - There wasn't any decision made! I'm the only one who's brought it up because it's usually the same people at each event doing it every round and going unchecked/unmarshalled or whatever.

I'm sure it wasn't the first time you took an unnecessary amount of time over a shot at the weekend Adam. I'm also sure if you had been warned in an earlier round you wouldn't have taken over a minute and a half on that last recorded shot...fair point?

The organisers should make me a referee at a future event...I'm sure there wouldn't be any instances of slow play now! cheers

The Force

The Force

AlienUK wrote:As a lowly Cat 2 player who had a disappointing weekend, could I respectfully suggest this is not the place to have this discussion

It's the perfect place! That's what forums are for...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum