KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Crazy Golf Championship 2013

+9
tiger
DT
The Gringo
The Natural
AlienUK
Mr X
Freebird
TK Max
The Force
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:46 pm

The Natural

The Natural

Freebird wrote:
The Natural wrote:
Mr X wrote:BTW folks, there's new felt going down on Crazy course Hole 4, Hole 8's being relaid & possibly one other (which I can't remember) on Monday. New shots to learn! 
please tell me it's hole 17 Mad
Forget the felt - how about a new cup (one that's more than 1 ball deep!!!)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that Sad 

Really looking forward to next week now!

77World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:
Mr X wrote:BTW folks, there's new felt going down on Crazy course Hole 4, Hole 8's being relaid & possibly one other (which I can't remember) on Monday. New shots to learn! cyclops 
Surprised to hear this... particularly hole 8 as this was pretty new (although did notice that it was very uneven last time I popped down), But can't see it will make that much difference to be honest Twisted Evil
Tiger told me they're doing it as it's so uneven, I was surprised they weren't doing 17 (unlucky Mark) as it needs new felt desperately & a deeper cup. It's gonna be interesting!

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

78World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

OK - here's the official news (better to have it relayed properly than leave it to the minigolf rumour mill which can at times get somewhat carried away with itself).

There are plans in place to change a few of the holes.

This is now going to be governed by the weather as the course need two consecutive dry days.

The holes they are are looking at doing are 4,6, 5 and 17 in that order.

Likelihood is that they will only get two done now.

They will be finished by Friday for the official practice day.

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

79World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:31 pm

DT

DT
Admin

Sean 'The Voice of Reason' Homer strikes again!

80World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:OK - here's the official news (better to have it relayed properly than leave it to the minigolf rumour mill which can at times get somewhat carried away with itself).

There are plans in place to change a few of the holes.

This is now going to be governed by the weather as the course need two consecutive dry days.

The holes they are are looking at doing are 4,6, 5 and 17 in that order.

Likelihood is that they will only get two done now.

They will be finished by Friday for the official practice day.

Interesting order for the work, If only two will get done I'd prefer: 17, 5, 6, 4!

81World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:45 pm

The Force

The Force

It will certainly help experienced minigolfers that haven't played much recently. Newbies and hackers will not be as far behind as usual but will not have played under that sort of pressure before if making the later stages, not forgetting the crazy crazy rules too!

A bunching effect in scores...but a past tour winner will take the title.

But Who will it be? Will someone Force there way to victory and make a good Fist of things? Maybe Mr.X will finish 2nd again? Or maybe HIOK will just be boring and win again....zzz Razz

82World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:21 am

AK47

AK47

The Force wrote:It will certainly help experienced minigolfers that haven't played much recently. Newbies and hackers will not be as far behind as usual but will not have played under that sort of pressure before if making the later stages, not forgetting the crazy crazy rules too!

A bunching effect in scores...but a past tour winner will take the title.

But Who will it be? Will someone Force there way to victory and make a good Fist of things? Maybe Mr.X will finish 2nd again? Or maybe HIOK will just be boring and win again....zzz Razz
Even the most experienced players are going to struggle with crazy rules using golf balls...

Olivia is certainly going to benefit from using a golf ball. I'd be very surprised if the winner isn't her or HIOK...

83World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:25 am

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

And so it begins... the annual who will/won't win.

Crazy Crazy with a golf ball might be a bit more creative given that the extra 'ping' does give a few genuine alternative lines where usually if you get someone on your line you are screwed.

84World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty world crazy golf championship 2013 Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:23 pm

tiger

tiger

so what about tigers chances this year ?

85World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:29 pm

AK47

AK47

tiger wrote:so what about tigers chances this year ?
I reckon he'll be leading after day 1 but his day 2 chances will be in jeopardy after his heavy night at the Tubman...

86World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty world crazy golf championship 2013 Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:20 pm

tiger

tiger

not sure i will be visting the tubman but galactus will be putting all his powers towards a decent showing next weekend still need a little more practice but the weather forecast looks miserable from now till end of next week

87World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:25 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

tiger wrote:not sure i will be visting the tubman but galactus will be putting all his powers towards a decent showing next weekend still need a little more practice but the weather forecast looks miserable from now till end of next week
As the great minigolf sage once said;

Practice Schmactice Twisted Evil 

88World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:25 pm

AlienUK

Anyone down on Thursday? Ollie feels a need to get some tat practice in!

89World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:30 pm

The Force

The Force

tiger wrote:still need a little more practice
How much more do u think u'll need to stand a chance this year tigger? Razz 

90World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 pm

The Natural

The Natural

tiger wrote:so what about tigers chances this year ?

A cat in hells chance?  lol!  Wink

91World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty World crazy golf championship 2013 Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:30 am

tiger

tiger

To start with Mr Chapman don't get smart it's tiger not tigger please and provided I get to find a few dry spells I have a few to work on . I feel got a fair chance this year we shall wait and see

92World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:53 am

Mr X

Mr X

Just seen a weather forecast, I don't reckon they'll get two dry days to do the course before next weekend.

93World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Latest WCGC news: the Players pack for the 2013 World Crazy Golf Championships will be published tomorrow featuring all the news and information needed for next weekends event (including the day 1 groups and round 1 tee off times).

The pack will be circulated via email to all confirmed entrants as well as being published on the BMGA website / Facebook page / Twitter feed.

94World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:31 pm

Pasi

AK47 wrote:Olivia is certainly going to benefit from using a golf ball. I'd be very surprised if the winner isn't her or HIOK...
I was looking for a random tip for a new line, but am disappointed with just some discussion on who will win. Sad 

Anyway, Olivia rarely performed well in Hastings when expected to do so. Last year she was an underdog after a couple of bit modest years (or am I wrong?). With the golf ball only she definitely is expected to do well. So...but having won the Masters after a bad start surely has done good to her confidence. Only Honza's hardcore coaching can turn that around. Laughing 

Can't imagine that fast surface + golf ball suits better to anyone else than Adam's aggressive and reliable putting (lot's of aces still don't win this tourney), so there's my favourite. For the second place of course, Michael will win anyway.

See you on Thursday!

95World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:12 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Now much has changed linewise Pasi, mainly the difference with a golfball is just about pace, it's seriously rapid on holes with the fast felt 5,6 etc. Any shots that used to require a rebound from a sidewall like the double rebound on Hole 10 are well dodgy now, but the golfball then gives you a chance of an ace with a single rebound off the back wall. Same with Hole 13.
If it's wet & windy it'll be chaotic but good fun! Very Happy 

96World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

2013 WORLD CRAZY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL PLAYERS PACK - full details of the upcoming World Championship event in Hastings

http://www.minigolf.org.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=536%3A2013-world-crazy-golf-championship-official-players-pack&catid=1%3Alatest-news&Itemid=60

97World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Great stuff FB! bounce 

98World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Mr X wrote:Great stuff FB! bounce 
Cheers - it's a tough one to organise as I always try and keep the newbies who have entered in groups as close to each other in the draw so they can egg each other on.... with over half the field first timers it was a tough old task!!!

Looking forward to the weekend though - always a good laugh!!!

99World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Pasi

Mr X wrote:Now much has changed linewise Pasi, mainly the difference with a golfball is just about pace, it's seriously rapid on holes with the fast felt 5,6 etc.
Even the old new ball was too rapid for me on the 5...like putting on ice...

Mr X wrote:Any shots that used to require a rebound from a sidewall like the double rebound on Hole 10 are well dodgy now, but the golfball then gives you a chance of an ace with a single rebound off the back wall.
I've always played the single rebound with some top spin. I reckon I can forget the top spin now using golf ball...

Mr X wrote:If it's wet & windy it'll be chaotic but good fun! Very Happy 
And that's the whole point!

100World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:37 am

The Force

The Force

Perfect Alex Mini Par Pragnall Tiger for the title! Home advantage has to count for something someday... cheers 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum