KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Crazy Golf Championship 2013

+9
tiger
DT
The Gringo
The Natural
AlienUK
Mr X
Freebird
TK Max
The Force
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:27 pm

The Force

The Force

2World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:26 pm

TK Max

Good to see The Force coming out of retirement Smile

3World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Keep 'em peeled for some important information over the next few weeks regarding entries and the format Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil Wink

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

4World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:01 am

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:Keep 'em peeled for some important information over the next few weeks regarding entries and the format Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil Wink That sounds ominous FB!

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

5World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

All 60 places now taken. However due to unprecedented demand we have now extended the field to 72 players for the competition!!

F I N A L   1 2   P L A C E S   L E F T !!!

This is the last chance to enter - don't delay if you wish to be part of this brilliant event...

6World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:53 pm

The Force

The Force

Bolt the doors! Don't let any more in Freebird!!queen

7World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:08 am

AlienUK

Brian, Ollie and I will be staying at the Lansdowne, rates aren't bad and slightly closer than the White Rock.

8World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:30 pm

The Force

The Force

Are we going to use the same new Hastings course ball as last year's event?

9World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

The Force wrote:Are we going to use the same new Hastings course ball as last year's event?
Possibly, but possibly not.

Details will be confirmed later in the year (probably in September).

And a heads up = Pay no attention to anything anyone else says re the WCGC and the balls - the final decision is mine and mine alone! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

10World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:45 pm

The Force

The Force

Super Basketball 

11World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:50 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

The Force wrote:Super Basketball 
And just 5 places left now...

12World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

70 places now taken!!

F I N A L  -  2 -  P L A C E S -  L E F T !!!

This is the last chance to enter - don't delay if you wish to be part of this brilliant event...

13World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:09 pm

AlienUK

Wow - up to 74! Can't wait to play in my first WCGC

14World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:11 pm

The Natural

The Natural

nor me, but with what ball affraid 

15World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

The final extension for places has been announced - 90 players now the limit (and expect to see that full within the next month or so).

Ball news will follow the summer break!Twisted Evil 

16World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:10 pm

The Force

The Force

Peter Jones is returning too!!!!

17World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:55 pm

AlienUK

Is there news re the ball? Notice it says "same style ball" on the flyer.........

18World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:46 pm

The Force

The Force

Yeah - what's the ball news? Need to know for practice soon!

19World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:38 pm

The Force

The Force

Bump!

20World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:21 am

The Force

The Force

Used the same as last year practicing the course - cups are still as bad as before as are the balls. Felt has settled down more and is much better on the newer relaid holes than last year. I predict scoring to be similar, weather depending.

21World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:07 am

AlienUK

Follow on question - assuming the Hasting ball is used, is it a requirement to use a single ball or can players use multiples, ie to vary bounce given the balls are not consistent. I assume one but wanted to clarify.

22World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

The Force wrote:Yeah - what's the ball news? Need to know for practice soon!
Should be an announcement regarding this in the next few days... patience young Chapman... all will be revealed in time;) 

23World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:38 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

AlienUK wrote:Follow on question - assuming the Hasting ball is used, is it a requirement to use a single ball or can players use multiples, ie to vary bounce given the balls are not consistent.  I assume one but wanted to clarify.
You are right to assume only one ball - there will be no slight of hand going on in this years event with same coloured balls being swapped between holes for balls with varying bounce to suit different holes. Not that I would expect this kind of behavior from any of the KMGC.

All players will play with ONE ball throughout the event.

What that ball will be, will be announced soon.

24World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:21 am

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:
AlienUK wrote:Follow on question - assuming the Hasting ball is used, is it a requirement to use a single ball or can players use multiples, ie to vary bounce given the balls are not consistent.  I assume one but wanted to clarify.
You are right to assume only one ball - there will be no slight of hand going on in this years event with same coloured balls being swapped between holes for balls with varying bounce to suit different holes. Not that I would expect this kind of behavior from any of the KMGC.

Blimey, did anyone actually do that? Pathetic. Rolling Eyes 

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

25World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Empty Re: World Crazy Golf Championship 2013 Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:30 am

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Mr X wrote:
Freebird wrote:

Blimey, did anyone actually do that? Pathetic. Rolling Eyes 
Having been organising events on the tour for the past 7 years (jeez is it that long!!) and having seen and heard a few things in this time I wouldn't be surprised... rest assured this year will be a great leveler as the WCGC's was always intended to be. over the past few years it has become more and more biased towards the regular tour pros and even the move to the standard course ball resulted in lots of chopping and changing of balls thru' practice, along with the added moaning about bounce irregularity, etc, etc (something that was as prevalent in the early days with the old style course balls which if memory serves were not consistent - or even round at times). Compare this to your average entrant who turns up on the Saturday, picks a ball and plays - absolutely the right approach for this particular event.

All players should have the same opportunity and therefore use exactly the same balls - the skill then comes from the player on a level playing field. The better players will always come out on top but we want to encourage new players who at least in this (and the Kent Open) don't feel penalised from the off due to the better ball choices of the pros.

This year I was toying with a genuine random ball draw on the Saturday morning at hole 1 for all players - no testing, no previously used balls in hand. Just a true 'lucky dip'.

As mentioned I will announce the details shortly - but rest assured it will be aimed 100% at leveling the playing field - even favouring the new / non tour pro players. Anyone who argues against this really needs to reassess why they enter this particular event in the first place.

Anyway, time to get off the soap box (there may well be a few more of these 'sermons' as the season draws to a close - something for you all to look forward to!!

Good day to you. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum