KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

KMGC Matchplay Competition!

+4
The Gringo
Freebird
The Force
Mr X
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:29 pm

The Force

The Force

AK47 wrote:
HIOK wrote:
The Force wrote:
HIOK wrote:

Is Phil going to be one of the next few tournaments so we can all play against him?

I'm sure Phil will be interested in one of our next KIT days in Hastings whenever that may be. Remember you've got until the Megabowl in August to play the group matches - you've played two already compared with my sleepy group!

Admittedly, Tony and Adam have been away, otherwise I can only guess that they are scared of playing you with the form you are in right now?

you got that wrong, marc was too scared to play me at new malden Razz

No, you've got that wrong. Jumping on me just as I walk onto the course after a two hour drive and no practice is not a pre-arranged challenge! I was there for the Masters alone.

Next weekend I'll be at Stratford for the Midlands Open, a KMGC Matchplay game v Double Trouble & the Doubles on Sunday.

I'll be ready for you when the time comes and your father...you've just got to ask yourself - are you ready to be blown away by The Force?

Cool

77KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:39 pm

AK47

AK47

The Force wrote:
AK47 wrote:
HIOK wrote:
The Force wrote:
HIOK wrote:

Is Phil going to be one of the next few tournaments so we can all play against him?

I'm sure Phil will be interested in one of our next KIT days in Hastings whenever that may be. Remember you've got until the Megabowl in August to play the group matches - you've played two already compared with my sleepy group!

Admittedly, Tony and Adam have been away, otherwise I can only guess that they are scared of playing you with the form you are in right now?

you got that wrong, marc was too scared to play me at new malden Razz

No, you've got that wrong. Jumping on me just as I walk onto the course after a two hour drive and no practice is not a pre-arranged challenge! I was there for the Masters alone.

Next weekend I'll be at Stratford for the Midlands Open, a KMGC Matchplay game v Double Trouble & the Doubles on Sunday.

I'll be ready for you when the time comes and your father...you've just got to ask yourself - are you ready to be blown away by The Force?

Cool

Laughing Laughing Laughing

78KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:38 am

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

GROUP 1 MATCH - Wed 14th April - The Green

DONKEY GRINGO v HIO KENOBI

With the course set to HARD (the pure way of playing!), Scott won the toss and decided to tee-off on the first.

First 2 holes played out to even 2's - match all square
Hole 3, DG clipped the trap and holed out for a 3, HIO through in 1, takes a 2, HIO 1 up
Hole 4, HIO down in 2, DG missed the trap, HIO 2 up
The 5th - 2 aces - hole squared
The 6th - HIO lays up for a 2, DG clips the hole but doesnt fall - HIO 3 up
The 7th - DG holes out for a 2, HIO rolls around the border twice, DG pulls one back - HIO 2 up
All square at the 8th (2 2's)
DG struggles at the 9th, down in 6. HIO aces it to go 3 up
All square at the 10th
HIO takes the 11th with a 2 to put the pressure on by going 4 up
DG lays up (15 feet short!) at the 12th and holes out a terrific 2nd. HIO equals the score - remains HIO 4 up
All square at the 13th (2's)
All square at the 14th (2's) - HIO remains 4 up with 4 to play
At the 15th DG leaves it short and holes out for a 3. HIO also missed the ramp to give DG some hope but rolls the 2nd onto the green and holes out for a 3 to square the hole and take the match.

HOLE IN ONE KENOBI wins 4 & 3

HIO takes control of group 1 with 2 wins out of 2!

Last edited by Freebird on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

79KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:03 am

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

GROUP 1 Match - evening session - 14th April at the GREEN

FREEBIRD vs MR X

After the EE had played out it was the Hammers v The Wolves grudge match. FB won the toss and chose to lead off the match...

With the match all square after 2, with Mr X making a great recovery second at the second, FB teed off at the 3rd. Clipped the right trap, then the left trap before making it through and carding a 4. Mr X safely down in 2 to lead the match. Mr X 1 up
All square at the 4th (2 2's)
2 aces at the 5th saw Mr X retain a 1 shot advantage heading into the dreaded 6th.
Mr X finds the line to eventually get down in 6. FB goes for it with shot 1 (leaves it tantalisingly short). Decides to lay up with a 2nd and leaves that short. Goes for it with the 3rd and clips the hole. Time to lay up again. 4th shot sees a perfect lay up for FB to tap in the 5th and take the hole. Match all square again.
Onto the 7th, a tricky hole but both down on the green in 1, holing out for a pair of 2's
At the 8th, Mr X bangs in an ace, FB rolls past the hole. Mr X back to 1 up
At the 9th, FB again clips both sides of the trap, down on the green in 3, holes out for a 4. Mr X through in 1, holes out for a 2 to take a 2 shot lead into the back 9.
Mr X aces the 10th. FB replied in kind! Hole squared. MrX 2 up
11th - both players card 2's. Mr X 2 up
The 12th - Mr X clips the 3rd obstacle and holes out for a 4. FB straight down the middle, clips the hole and holes out for a 2. Mr X 1 up
The 13th - unlucky for FB! - FB scrapes in for a 6, Mr X takes a 2 to go back to 2 up with 5 to play.
The 14th - Mr X cards a 2. FB leaves the first short. 2nd takes the perfect line and lips out of the hole! Mr X now 3 up with 4 to play
The 15th - FB leaves it teetering on the brink of the ramp only to see it roll back to the tee. 2nd shot perfect but stops a ball width from the hole. Holes out for a 3 and the expected end of the match. Mr X missed the ramp on the right, then on the left, then leaves it short of the hole. FB takes the hole and Mr X 2 up with 3 to play.
Onto the 16th - pressure is starting to tell as Mr X gets line slightly wrong and doesnt see the expected ace. Cards a 2. FB takes advantage and rattles in an ace. Mr X now 1 up with 2 to play!
The 17th - FB tees off, rolls tantalisingly past the left lip to hole out for a 2. Mr X (using the FB line!) safely past the edges and holes out for a 2. Mr X 1 up with 1 to go.
FB hoping for a Force-like second round stutter on the 18th from Mr X - but Mr X lines up and buries the ball for an ace and takes the match (the 2nd of the Matchplays to go to 18 holes!).

MR X wins by 1

Well played Andy - a great match with high drama and also some top class play in the midst of the the nerve jangling hiccups from both players. Andy opens his account with a victory. FB now looking to salvage pride (beware DG & Elaf of the wounded bird!!).

80KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:57 am

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:GROUP 1 Match - evening session - 14th April at the GREEN

FREEBIRD vs MR X

After the EE had played out it was the Hammers v The Wolves grudge match. FB won the toss and chose to lead off the match...

With the match all square after 2, with Mr X making a great recovery second at the second, FB teed off at the 3rd. Clipped the right trap, then the left trap before making it through and carding a 4. Mr X safely down in 2 to lead the match. Mr X 1 up
2 aces at the 5th saw Mr X retain a 1 shot advantage heading into the dreaded 6th.
Mr X finds the line to eventually get down in 6. FB goes for it with shot 1 (leaves it tantalisingly short). Decides to lay up with a 2nd and leaves that short. Goes for it with the 3rd and clips the hole. Time to lay up again. 4th shot sees a perfect lay up for FB to tap in the 5th and take the hole. Match all square again.
Onto the 7th, a tricky hole but both down on the green in 1, holing out for a pair of 2's
At the 9th, FB again clips both sides of the trap, down on the green in 3, holes out for a 4. Mr X through in 1, holes out for a 2 to take a 2 shot lead into the back 9.
The 12th - Mr X clips the 3rd obstacle and holes out for a 4. FB straight down the middle, clips the hole and holes out for a 2. Mr X 1 up
The 13th - unlucky for FB! - FB scrapes in for a 6, Mr X takes a 2 to go back to 2 up with 5 to play.
The 14th - Mr X cards a 2. FB leaves the first short. 2nd takes the perfect line and lips out of the hole! Mr X now 3 up with 4 to play
The 15th - FB leaves it teetering on the brink of the ramp only to see it roll back to the tee. 2nd shot perfect but stops a ball width from the hole. Holes out for a 3 and the expected end of the match. Mr X missed the ramp on the right, then on the left, then leaves it short of the hole. FB takes the hole and Mr X 2 up with 3 to play.
Onto the 16th - pressure is starting to tell as Mr X gets line slightly wrong and doesnt see the expected ace. Cards a 2. FB takes advantage and rattles in an ace. Mr X now 1 up with 2 to play!
The 17th - FB tees off, rolls tantalisingly past the left lip to hole out for a 2. Mr X (using the FB line!) safely past the edges and holes out for a 2. Mr X 1 up with 1 to go.
FB hoping for a Force-like second round stutter on the 18th from Mr X - but Mr X lines up and buries the ball for an ace and takes the match (the 2nd of the Matchplays to go to 18 holes!).

MR X wins by 1

Well played Andy - a great match with high drama and also some top class play in the midst of the the nerve jangling hiccups from both players. Andy opens his account with a victory. FB now looking to salvage pride (beware DG & Elaf of the wounded bird!!).
Thanks FB, it was, as expected a great encounter, a real matchplay game - full of tension with good & bad shots aplenty!
Oh-and thanks for the line on 17 just before we played! Laughing
Matchplay-it's great! Very Happy

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

81KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:45 pm

The Gringo

The Gringo

Freebird wrote:GROUP 1 MATCH - Wed 14th April - The Green

DONKEY GRINGO v HIO KENOBI

With the course set to HARD (the pure way of playing!), Scott won the toss and decided to tee-off on the first.

First 2 holes played out to even 2's - match all square
Hole 3, DG clipped the trap and holed out for a 3, HIO through in 1, takes a 2, HIO 1 up
Hole 4, HIO down in 2, DG missed the trap, HIO 2 up
The 5th - 2 aces - hole squared
The 6th - HIO lays up for a 2, DG clips the hole but doesnt fall - HIO 3 up
The 7th - DG holes out for a 2, HIO rolls around the border twice, DG pulls one back - HIO 2 up
All square at the 8th (2 2's)
DG struggles at the 9th, down in 6. HIO aces it to go 3 up
All square at the 10th
HIO takes the 11th with a 2 to put the pressure on by going 4 up
DG lays up (15 feet short!) at the 12th and holes out a terrific 2nd. HIO equals the score - remains HIO 4 up
All square at the 13th (2's)
All square at the 14th (2's) - HIO remains 4 up with 4 to play
At the 15th DG leaves it short and holes out for a 3. HIO also missed the ramp to give DG some hope but rolls the 2nd onto the green and holes out for a 3 to square the hole and take the match.

HOLE IN ONE KENOBI wins 4 & 3

HIO takes control of group 1 with 2 wins out of 2!

Yep well played Hiok,
The 9th hole really put the nail in coffin on this match, and yes, you were right about me wishing it was matchplay the following round we played together that night OH WELL..

Right who's next and where?

82KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:32 pm

HIOK

HIOK

Mr X wrote:
Freebird wrote:GROUP 1 Match - evening session - 14th April at the GREEN

FREEBIRD vs MR X

MR X wins by 1

Thanks FB, it was, as expected a great encounter, a real matchplay game - full of tension with good & bad shots aplenty!
Oh-and thanks for the line on 17 just before we played! Laughing
Matchplay-it's great! Very Happy

I wish I had watched this!

FB and DG have been a bit unfortunate. My 2 best rounds by far at the DOTF and EE have been the matchplay. I wasn't expecting that but Matchplay seems to be a perfect fit for mini golf. I guess I play with a bit more freedom knowing that one bad hole doesn't necessarily mean you have a bad round.

And as for that evil hole 7 at HG - I'll be back.

83KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:05 am

The Force

The Force

Two KMGC Matchplay games were played in Group 2 at Stratford-upon-Avon this weekend.

The Force defeated both AK47 on the Saturday and then DT on the Sunday. I think Tony will do a quick report on the first match and Sean has the details of the second.

TK Maxx and The Force are now joint top of Group 2 with two wins out of two each...with each other still to play! (A Man City vs Tottenham Hotspur situation!)

I wonder where this key match will take place.... Question

84KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:05 pm

HIOK

HIOK

The Force wrote:Two KMGC Matchplay games were played in Group 2 at Stratford-upon-Avon this weekend.

The Force defeated both AK47 on the Saturday and then DT on the Sunday. I think Tony will do a quick report on the first match and Sean has the details of the second.

TK Maxx and The Force are now joint top of Group 2 with two wins out of two each...with each other still to play! (A Man City vs Tottenham Hotspur situation!)

I wonder where this key match will take place.... Question

Well done, The Force. 2 matchplay victories, a 2nd place, a course record, and victory in the doubles. That is one hell of a weekend. Congratulations.

Smile

As for locations...
How about worthing? The matchplay at the matchplay in July?
Or Hither Green? As Mr X and Freebird prooved, that course is made for matchplay.

Whatever you choose, it should be a great match. TK Maxx is very consistent and improving fast. And don't forget Ice Cold Alex - he also has a 100% record depending on which way you look at it.

85KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Mr X

Mr X

I'll be playing Phil at The Green on the evening of the 12th May, after a bit of praccy & a couple of KIT rounds with Alex too. If anyone in Group 2 wants to play The Iceman, he'll be up for it! Wink

86KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Sun May 02, 2010 7:10 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

A bit late but here's the first of the Stratford double header ties.

First up:

AK47 v THE FORCE
Saturday 24th April - sunny and dry

Starting at hole 1 everything tied after 2 holes
AK aces the third to go 1 up
AK on a roll, aces the fourth to go 2 up
All square at the fifth
Carefully avoiding the public, the match moves onto the 8th
All square at the 8th & 9th leaving AK 2 up after 7
Onto the 10th and the Force bangs in an ace follwoing AK's 2, to pull the match back. AK 1 up
All square at the 11th
AK rolls in a 2 at the 12th, with the Force now finding his line, bangs in an ace. Match all square.
The 13th proves unlucky for AK with the Force hitting a tricky 3, only for AK to fail to take the advantage and lose the hole. The Force 1 up
AK takes a 2 at the 14th, The Force lands another ace to go 2 up.
The Force puts on the pressure with an ace at the 15th, matched by AK. Force remains 2 up
Everything tied at the 16th & 17th leaving the Force 2 up with 3 to play.
AK rolls in a 2 at the 18th to open the door. The Force bangs in another ace to take the hole and the match.

THE FORCE wins 3&2

87KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Sun May 02, 2010 7:18 pm

The Force

The Force

Sounds very convincing in the end but I really had to shift up the gears fast to out-ace AK47 and take the match this time! Cool

88KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Sun May 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

The second of the Stratford double header.

DOUBLE TROUBLE vs THE FORCE
Sunday dry and warm

With the Force in fine form, having taken a Matchplay victory, a second place in the MO and a win in the Doubles already, the tie teed offstarting at hole 11 on the back nine.

The Force takes a 2 and DT rolls a nervy 2nd past the hole to go 1 down after 1.
The nerves are starting to settle as both players card solid twos at the 12th and 13th
Moving on to the 14th, DT rolls in a two and the Force stumbles as his second lips out. All square after 4 holes
Hole 15th sees the Force surprisingly leave his tee shot short to take a two. DT steps up and bangs in a cracking ace. DT 1 up
All square at the 16th with two twos. DT remains 1 up
The 17th sees the Force roll it past the hole to take a 2. DT again steps up, steadies herself and rolls in a perfect ace! DT 2 up
At the 18th DT misses the ace and takes a 2. The Force bangs in an ace to pull one shot back. DT 1 up
Onto the 3rd (those pesky public again) and the Force 2 puts to take a three. DT again steps up and rattles in an ace to go back to 2 up.
All square at the 4th.
All square at the 5th.
At the 6th, DT takes a three after clipping the right hand wall. The Force holes an ace to again pull back a shot. DT 1 up
Onto the 7th, The Force takes a two and DT lips out to see the match all square after 13 holes
DT rolls her tee shot over the bump and takes a three at the 8th. The Force takes 2 to go 1 up
All square (two two's) at the 9th. The Force remains 1 up
Onto the 10th. Again, a slightly overhit tee shot sees DT 3 put for a 4. The Force takes a 2 to go 2 up with 2 to play.
So back to the first hole. The Force hits a perfect tee shot and ends the match with an ace.
A terrific tustle and a cracking match ends.

THE FORCE wins by 3

The Force now tied at the top of group 2 with TK MAX... roll on their head to head.

Website updated with results : http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/KMGC%20Matchplay%20Competition.htm

VTK

89KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Mon May 03, 2010 9:42 am

HIOK

HIOK

I think all of the matches have gone to the 16th so far.

90KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:04 pm

The Force

The Force

A win for The Force over TK Maxx - the smithmeister recorded the scores in his notepad...could you pass them on to Sean please Michael - Many thanks!

Only Alex to beat to wrap up Group 2 and a place in the Final! cheers

91KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:13 pm

HIOK

HIOK

The Force wrote:A win for The Force over TK Maxx - the smithmeister recorded the scores in his notepad...could you pass them on to Sean please Michael - Many thanks!

Only Alex to beat to wrap up Group 2 and a place in the Final! cheers

I did give the sheet to Sean on Friday. Hopefully he's still got it otherwise I can remember about 80% of it.

Well done on victory number 3. The Force Versus Mr X will make for a great 'Duel' at Clambers.

92KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:18 pm

The Force

The Force

HIOK wrote:The Force Versus Mr X will make for a great 'Duel' at Clambers.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-MATCH!!! Cool

93KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:55 pm

TK Max

Well played Marc for a comprehensive 5&3 victory - once you had aced the 1st and 3rd I was always going to struggle to catch up.

A worthy winner of the group and a classic final in the making!

94KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:23 am

Mr X

Mr X

The Force wrote:
HIOK wrote:The Force Versus Mr X will make for a great 'Duel' at Clambers.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-MATCH!!! Cool
Hey, I've got games to go before I could win the group, in Matchplay all sorts can happen! Very Happy
But well done Force! If I do get through our group, I promise you a tougher time! Twisted Evil

95KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

The website all now updated from the weekends BC's and the matchplay and KIT updates.

http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/KMGC%20Matchplay%20Competition.htm

Well i'm all played out (saving my 'A' game for July 4th Rolling Eyes ) and have the distinction of being the first player to finish - fast if not particularly effective!!

clown clown clown clown clown

96KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:07 pm

AK47

AK47

my victory over DT isnt on the matchplay table Evil or Very Mad

nd tony "ak47" kelly, i think not affraid No

97KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Mr X

Mr X

AK47 wrote:my victory over DT isnt on the matchplay table Evil or Very Mad

nd tony "ak47" kelly, i think not affraid No
I've been doing the table & was never informed that you had beaten DT Adam! If I missed it on the forum, my apology but I had a quick skin through & couldn't spot it!
I will update it though. Wink

98KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:17 pm

AK47

AK47

no worries, quick service round here Very Happy

99KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

AK47 wrote:no worries, quick service round here Very Happy

All updated again:

http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/KMGC%20Matchplay%20Competition.htm

No doubt peace and order will be maintained back at Kelly Towers!!!!!!! lol!

100KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 4 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:42 am

Mr X

Mr X

With the Megabowl on the 8th August it doesn't look like the games will be completed beforehand, I'm certain Phil & Alex won't now be playing their games despite the earlier initial interest so how about having the final later this year at The Green sometime? (KIT, KO, etc)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum