KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

KMGC Matchplay Competition!

+4
The Gringo
Freebird
The Force
Mr X
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:24 pm

The Gringo

The Gringo

5th April

HIOK V's DG

The first match from group 1

52KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:46 pm

The Force

The Force

Will either DT or The Hurricane (or both!) be up for a matchplay game on Monday?

53KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:24 am

Mr X

Mr X

The Force wrote:Will either DT or The Hurricane (or both!) be up for a matchplay game on Monday?

The Hurricane is Matthew, not Alex, although he would be up for it he's not in the comp! Very Happy

I know FB wants to try & do me at Hither Green (ooer) but if anyone else from G1 wants another game on Monday count me in!

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

54KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:52 pm

The Force

The Force

woops..sorry Andy...got the nicknames mixed up! cheers

55KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Mr X

Mr X

The Force wrote:woops..sorry Andy...got the nicknames mixed up! cheers
lol!

56KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Group 1 got underway yesterday following the DOTF with

HOLE IN ONE KENOBI vs FREEBIRD

HIOK won the toss and put FB on the tee first for hole 1.

A tense affair with honours even after 7 with 2's all round.
HIOK slotted in a 2 at the 8th.
FB lipped out, and agonisingly rolled off the plateux but failed to roll all the way back. 2nd shot rolled past the hole and FB lost the hole. HIOK 1 up
The 9th saw FB roll past the hole and then lip out again on the 2nd, carding a 3, with HIOK landing a comfortable 2 to go 2 up.
Onto the 10th - HIOK up first, excellent line, looked like it might not have the pace to make it to the hole but it did! Excellent ace - FB pulled his shot to go 3 down.
The HIOK steamroller continued with FB tapping in for 2 only to see HIO bang in his second ace in a row to go 4 up!!
With holes running out (and FB unable to buy an ace!) the pair played out 12, 13 and 14 as steady 2's leaving HIOK 4 up with 4 to play.
With Ego Falls - aka the 15th - aka the Bridge - up next it looked like the match was over (no aces dropped in there all day). FB strolls up, slots a perfectly placed line up and over the bridge and see's the match stay alive with an ace at last!! HIOK rolls past and moves back to 3 up (with three to play).
HIOK slots in another steady 2 leaving FB needing the ace to keep the match alive. Having aced it in the 2nd round of the DOTF, FB was confident that he would land another ace and push the match on to the 17th. However confidence is not enough and having rolled past the right of the hole on the rebound, no amount of willing the ball to move and drop would help, leaving HIOK a deserved victor.

HIOK wins 3 & 2

Congrats Michael - top of group 1 - at least I recovered some dignity with a 33 in the final KIT round of the day!!!!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

57KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:34 am

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:Group 1 got underway yesterday following the DOTF with

FB lipped out, and agonisingly rolled off the plateux but failed to roll all the way back. 2nd shot rolled past the hole and FB lost the hole. HIOK 1 up
The 9th saw FB roll past the hole and then lip out again on the 2nd, carding a 3, with HIOK landing a comfortable 2 to go 2 up.
Onto the 10th - HIOK up first, excellent line, looked like it might not have the pace to make it to the hole but it did! Excellent ace - FB pulled his shot to go 3 down.
The HIOK steamroller continued with FB tapping in for 2 only to see HIO bang in his second ace in a row to go 4 up!!
With holes running out (and FB unable to buy an ace!) the pair played out 12, 13 and 14 as steady 2's leaving HIOK 4 up with 4 to play.
With Ego Falls - aka the 15th - aka the Bridge - up next it looked like the match was over (no aces dropped in there all day). FB strolls up, slots a perfectly placed line up and over the bridge and see's the match stay alive with an ace at last!! HIOK rolls past and moves back to 3 up (with three to play).
HIOK slots in another steady 2 leaving FB needing the ace to keep the match alive. Having aced it in the 2nd round of the DOTF, FB was confident that he would land another ace and push the match on to the 17th. However confidence is not enough and having rolled past the right of the hole on the rebound, no amount of willing the ball to move and drop would help, leaving HIOK a deserved victor.

HIOK wins 3 & 2

Congrats Michael - top of group 1 - at least I recovered some dignity with a 33 in the final KIT round of the day!!!!
Good win HIO & a nice 33 consolation from FB too, KMGC will blitz the opposition in the BO & CC's!

58KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:15 am

HIOK

HIOK

Mr X wrote:

HIOK wins 3 & 2

Good win HIO & a nice 33 consolation from FB too, KMGC will blitz the opposition in the BO & CC's!

And now we await the Epic Clash of The Titans in 3D. No, not the film but Freebird Versus Mr X at Hither Green a week today in the match that should decide the winner of group 1.

59KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

HIOK wrote:
Mr X wrote:

HIOK wins 3 & 2

And now we await the Epic Clash of The Titans in 3D. No, not the film but Freebird Versus Mr X at Hither Green a week today in the match that should decide the winner of group 1.
Latest Tables can be found here

60KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:50 pm

Mr X

Mr X

HIOK wrote:
Mr X wrote:

HIOK wins 3 & 2

Hello, HIO's been listening to Aceman! Wink lol!

61KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 am

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:
HIOK wrote:
Mr X wrote:

HIOK wins 3 & 2

Latest Tables can be found here
TK is off to a flyer! Who can peg him back? Question

62KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:24 pm

HIOK

HIOK

TK Versus The Force should be a good contest...

63KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:43 pm

The Force

The Force

Anyone up for a KMGC Matchplay game tomorrow evening before or after the main event - TK Max / AK 47 / Mation?

Feel I need to get things rolling on this competition!

64KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:20 pm

DT

DT
Admin

I believe you already agreed to play me at Stratford... Very Happy

65KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:35 pm

The Force

The Force

DT wrote:I believe you already agreed to play me at Stratford... Very Happy

Ok that's booked then - Saturday would be best after the comp.

So anyone for Hither Green versus myself?

66KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 pm

AK47

AK47

in florida Cool

67KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:54 am

Mr X

Mr X

AK47 wrote:in florida Cool
Hurry, you can still make it! Wink

68KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:47 pm

HIOK

HIOK

Well done Mr X on beating Freebird last night. As great a player as you are I thought you might struggle against the 'HG Official Course Record Holder'.

You must of played really well to win. Congratulations.

Is Phil going to be one of the next few tournaments so we can all play against him?

69KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

HIOK wrote:Well done Mr X on beating Freebird last night. As great a player as you are I thought you might struggle against the 'HG Official Course Record Holder'.

Is Phil going to be one of the next few tournaments so we can all play against him?
The updated table can be found here

A full blow by blow report from the 2 ties last night will appear shortly!

70KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Mr X

Mr X

HIOK wrote:Well done Mr X on beating Freebird last night. As great a player as you are I thought you might struggle against the 'HG Official Course Record Holder'.

Thanks HIO, I was expecting a nervy encounter & got one!
Phil & Alex are away at the moment but he's keen to get going in the KIT, I'll have aword with him next week!

71KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:45 am

AK47

AK47

Mr X wrote:
AK47 wrote:in florida Cool
Hurry, you can still make it! Wink

not any more Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad i always had something against volcanoes ever since the masters at new malden, didnt think one woulld cause me this much trouble though Mad Mad

72KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:48 am

The Force

The Force

HIOK wrote:

I'm sure Phil will be interested in one of our next KIT days in Hastings whenever that may be. Remember you've got until the Megabowl in August to play the group matches - you've played two already compared with my sleepy group!

73KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:11 pm

HIOK

HIOK

The Force wrote:
HIOK wrote:

I'm sure Phil will be interested in one of our next KIT days in Hastings whenever that may be. Remember you've got until the Megabowl in August to play the group matches - you've played two already compared with my sleepy group!

Admittedly, Tony and Adam have been away, otherwise I can only guess that they are scared of playing you with the form you are in right now?

74KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:15 pm

The Force

The Force

Nah...you should let me know when you're coming back to practice at Hither Green and we can drag another member along to try and smash and grab the course record off Sean in the not too distant future Very Happy

75KMGC Matchplay Competition! - Page 3 Empty Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition! Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:10 pm

AK47

AK47

HIOK wrote:
The Force wrote:
HIOK wrote:

Admittedly, Tony and Adam have been away, otherwise I can only guess that they are scared of playing you with the form you are in right now?

you got that wrong, marc was too scared to play me at new malden Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum