KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 KMGC Matchplay Competition!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:44 pm

andy ex wrote:
Freebird wrote:
andy ex wrote:
Freebird wrote:
OK Ladies and Gentlemen - the moment you've all been waiting for is nearly upon us - the KMGC Matchplay Championship Draw.

Scheduled for next Wednesday evening (time tbc) at KMGC HQ with special guest, the reigning BMGA Matchplay Champion, Andy 'Mr.X' Exall.

Bookmark the following link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kmgc-matchplay-championship-draw

More details to follow.

VTK!

Nice one again FB, roll on the big draw! Very Happy
What time suits you best Andy?

7.45 ish ok?
Absolutely fine - chance to get the kettle on first to calm the nerves before an 8pm on line draw! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:02 am

Freebird wrote:
andy ex wrote:
Freebird wrote:
andy ex wrote:
Freebird wrote:
OK Ladies and Gentlemen - the moment you've all been waiting for is nearly upon us - the KMGC Matchplay Championship Draw.

Scheduled for next Wednesday evening (time tbc) at KMGC HQ with special guest, the reigning BMGA Matchplay Champion, Andy 'Mr.X' Exall.

Bookmark the following link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kmgc-matchplay-championship-draw

More details to follow.

VTK!

Nice one again FB, roll on the big draw! Very Happy
What time suits you best Andy?

7.45 ish ok?
Absolutely fine - chance to get the kettle on first to calm the nerves before an 8pm on line draw! affraid
There's a good chance I'll arrive on time this time around, unless I borrow Tim's S(h)at Nav! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:53 am

Just over 9 hours until perhaps the most important live draw of the year.

KMGC HQ is getting ready for the first KMGC live draw in the clubs illustrious history - promises to be a great curtain raiser for a terrific competition.

You can watch the draw live on either the home page of our website here, the Matchplay website page here or direct on the Ustream feed here.

We will transmit live from approx 7.55pm with the 'show' starting at 8!!

VTK!
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:13 am

Freebird wrote:
Just over 9 hours until perhaps the most important live draw of the year.

KMGC HQ is getting ready for the first KMGC live draw in the clubs illustrious history - promises to be a great curtain raiser for a terrific competition.

You can watch the draw live on either the home page of our website here, the Matchplay website page here or direct on the Ustream feed here.

We will transmit live from approx 7.55pm with the 'show' starting at 8!!

VTK!



cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:34 pm

The draw is done (apologies for the few technical glitches!!) and the 2 groups are as follows:

Group 1

Phil 'Elaf' Exall
Sean 'Freebird' Homer
Michael 'Hole In One Kenobi' Smith
Andy 'Mr X' Exall
Scott 'Donkey Gringo' Lancley

Group 2

Tony 'TK Max' Kelly
Adam 'AK47' Kelly
Marion 'Double Trouble' Homer
Alex 'Ice Cold' Exall
Marc 'The Force' Chapman

Thanks to Andy for making the trip over to Homer Towers to add some gravitas to the procedings and also to Marion for making the coffee and sending us offline during the first go at doing the draw (the 2nd time was no one's fault!!).

Could be a few match ups this weekend to get the competition going... and I look forward to challenging all of group 1 at Hither Green Very Happy Wink cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
The Gringo



Posts : 579
Join date : 2009-05-23
Location : Planet Thanet

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 pm

Wow!

What a draw!!!!!!

And look at those groups!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it on!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Force



Posts : 1116
Join date : 2009-05-22
Location : Canterbury

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Looks like I've avoided the group of death...bring it on!
Back to top Go down
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:20 am

A great live event again from the home of Team Kent, now it's down to business! Whoever wins will have earnt it, there are some great games lined up! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
The Gringo



Posts : 579
Join date : 2009-05-23
Location : Planet Thanet

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:33 am

The Force wrote:
Looks like I've avoided the group of death...bring it on!


So for those of you in Marc's group this translates:

I think I've got it easy! Final here I come!!
Back to top Go down
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:18 am

Donkey Gringo wrote:
The Force wrote:
Looks like I've avoided the group of death...bring it on!


So for those of you in Marc's group this translates:

I think I've got it easy! Final here I come!!
Matchplay is a great leveller... the players in Group 2 have some very good form in this format... with the UK's top juniors, a family rivalry, a seasoned Club Championship player and runner up in the doubles all in the mix I think this group is far from a formality... 2 top groups full of top players.... and with the matchplay format.... I can see some interesting playoff matches needed before we see the line up for the final... bring it on cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
DT
Admin


Posts : 734
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 50
Location : Kent - of course!

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:39 pm

The Force wrote:
Looks like I've avoided the group of death...bring it on!

Oh its so on now Farce...
Back to top Go down
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:56 pm

DT wrote:
The Force wrote:
Looks like I've avoided the group of death...bring it on!

Oh its so on now Farce...

It has begun! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Mr X wrote:
DT wrote:
The Force wrote:
Looks like I've avoided the group of death...bring it on!

Oh its so on now Farce...

It has begun! Twisted Evil
Website page updated with the league tables and player matrix (courtesy of Mr X).

http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/KMGC%20Matchplay%20Competition.htm

Who will be the first player to get some points on the board this weekend?
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Freebird wrote:
Mr X wrote:
DT wrote:
The Force wrote:
Looks like I've avoided the group of death...bring it on!

Oh its so on now Farce...

It has begun! Twisted Evil
Website page updated with the league tables and player matrix (courtesy of Mr X).

http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/KMGC%20Matchplay%20Competition.htm

Who will be the first player to get some points on the board this weekend?

If DT's playing the Force I'll be watching, grudge match! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
The Force



Posts : 1116
Join date : 2009-05-22
Location : Canterbury

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:48 am

Now now...let's not get too excited fellow members! I wasn't claiming any walkovers in my group (far from it - some very tasty contests await!) I was just commenting on the number of high acheiving tour regulars have been drawn together in group one (Sean, Andy, Scott, Phil & Top Newcomer so far in 2010 HOIK).

No matter what the sport...there's always a publicized 'group of death' Very Happy

(ok...slight mind-games involved too..wouldn't be the same otherwise! bom cheers )
Back to top Go down
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:17 am

The Force wrote:
Now now...let's not get too excited fellow members! I wasn't claiming any walkovers in my group (far from it - some very tasty contests await!) I was just commenting on the number of high acheiving tour regulars have been drawn together in group one (Sean, Andy, Scott, Phil & Top Newcomer so far in 2010 HOIK).

No matter what the sport...there's always a publicized 'group of death' Very Happy

(ok...slight mind-games involved too..wouldn't be the same otherwise! bom cheers )
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
HIOK



Posts : 486
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 31
Location : Oxford

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Just seen the draw...

I am going to be really diplomatic and say that the two groups appear to be fairly even. Two 'group of deaths'.

We are in for an exciting few months...
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:41 pm

We have had our first Matchplay tie fought out this afternoon at the Jurassic Encounter.

AK47 v TK Max

TK, 2 up after 5
AK pulled one back after 7 (TK +1)
Then head to head all the way to the 15th.
TK slipped up and took a 3
AK slipped up and also took a 3
TK 1 up going into the Volcano.
AK, steady 2
TK, steady 2
At the 17th, TK another 2
AK, perfect line but rolled up just one ball width short of the Ace and tying the match
So TK 1 up going into the 18th.
AK, solid shot, took a 2
TK just needed to hole out with a 2 to take the match.
TK rolls his ball against a rock and leaves a 5 footer for the 2
Tension mounts.
TK rolls the ball in to take the match by 1 shot.

Unlucky Adam, well played Tony.

If all our match ups are this close it's going to be a roller coaster ride of a competition!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Well played TK, sweet revenge for the wins AK has been crowing about so far this year! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:06 pm

The second match in group 2 took place yesterday on the Green:

TK MAX v DOUBLE TROUBLE

With the course set to 'HARD' as agreed by a toss of the coin, the two warriors set themselves at Hole 1 ready to tackle the toughest course on the tour.

TK MAX won the toss and put DT on the tee for hole 1... let battle commence.

With no practice shots the tie began.

DT tee off and landed a perfect Ace
TK rolled his shot just past the hole - DT 1 up
Hole 2 saw both players bang in a steady 2 - DT remained 1 up
DT at the third, missed the gap, rolled through shaving the hole with the 2nd shot, putted out for a three.
TK straight thru the gap, heavy bounce back, but dropped a nice 4 footer to take the hole and square the match.
Hole 4 saw DT down in 2, TK took a 3, DT back to 1 up
Hole 5 (Cherie Blair) saw the pressure off as DT carded a 7, with TK nailing an ace and squaring the match
Hole 6 - TK stumbles with a 7 only to see DT do the same - hole tied, match all square.
Hole 7 - DT 3, TK 3 - A/S
Hole 8 - TK smacks in the ace, DT clips the trap - TK 1 up (takes the lead for the first time in the tie).
Hole 9 - DT finds the gap after 4 and cards a 5, TK bangs in a steady 3 - TK 2 up
Hole 10 - TK begins to apply the pressure with a great ace, DT just short of the hole - TK 3 up
Hole 11 - DT down on the green after 1 then slides a put past the cup to take a 3. TK slots in another steady 2 to go 4 up
Hole 12 - TK straight down the middle, shaves the hole, putts out for a 2. DT clips the side wall and left an almost impossible angle to save the hole. Sees the ball roll past as TK goes 5 up with 6 to play.
Hole 13 - unlucky for one - DT struggles to find the line and drops the ball short of the cup after 6, carding a 7. TK needs 6 to take the match. Misses the obstacle once, but lands on the green safely in 2, and putts out for a 3 and to take the match (and remains unbeaten after 2 ties).

TK MAX wins 6 & 5

Well played to both players - unlucky DT - solid performance from TK to set himself up as the player to beat in group 2 (Ice Cold & the Force yet to make a dent on the leaderboard). Hats off to both for having the bravery to take on the toughest course on the toughest setting - and no doubt The Green will see a few more epic tussles before the competition is out.

And as for group 1 - me thinks that the Duel on the Felt & The Easter Eggstravaganza will see that table start to take shape!!

VTK!
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
DT
Admin


Posts : 734
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 50
Location : Kent - of course!

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Well done TK!
Back to top Go down
HIOK



Posts : 486
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 31
Location : Oxford

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Yeah, well done TK.

I'm open to offers about starting group 1 very soon but I will need at least 500 practice rounds before taking on anyone at Hither Green.
Back to top Go down
AK47



Posts : 355
Join date : 2009-11-26
Age : 21
Location : Nowhere near any minigolf courses although local to Wroxham Barns ;)

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:47 pm

its not a course that needs hours of practice, you just need to be able to putt straight
Back to top Go down
HIOK



Posts : 486
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 31
Location : Oxford

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:04 pm

AK47 wrote:
its not a course that needs hours of practice, you just need to be able to putt straight

Easier said than done!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 am

rovers85 wrote:
AK47 wrote:
its not a course that needs hours of practice, you just need to be able to putt straight

Easier said than done!

Very Happy
Indeed! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: KMGC Matchplay Competition!   Today at 8:59 am

Back to top Go down
 
KMGC Matchplay Competition!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» results ...preston panthers competition
» Christmas BraziBay Photo Competition - sponsored by Just Kampers!!
» National League Prediction competition
» More Win-Your-Wedding Competition
» BKSA Competition DATES 2011

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KMGC :: KMGC Forum :: Welcome to the KMGC Forum :: KMGC competitions-
Jump to: