KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE VTK SHIELD - Member of the year 2015

+3
DT
TK Max
Mr X
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1THE VTK SHIELD - Member of the year 2015 Empty THE VTK SHIELD - Member of the year 2015 Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:18 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Hello from KMGC HQ!

The weekend of the 14th & 15th November sees the traditional KMGC season ending double header of the Kent Invitational Tournament (KIT) final (details of a new and one off 10th anniversary edition of this to follow) and the Kent Open taking place at the Lost Island Encounter in Sidcup.

Once again this year will see the now annual awarding of the VTK SHIELD to one of the club during this weekend. The VTK Shield was introduced in 2012 to recognise the KMGC Member of the Year. We are looking for the members of the club that have contributed the most to advance the club - this could be in a number of areas but ultimately we are looking for someone that exemplifies what the KMGC is all about.

And for all members of the KMGC, this is where you have your say.

Each one of you can nominate current members of the club for this award - all you need to do is PM me or email via admin@kentminigolfclub.co.uk with your top 3 (in 1,2,3 order) along with any reason why the person(s) nominated should receive the award for 2015. There votes will be counted up (3 points for 1st place, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd).

All nominations must be received by Sunday evening on 1st November at the latest to enable us to work out who's won and to get the shield engraved in time for the following weekends festivities and the presentation.

Neither of the Homers are eligible for your votes this year and we at KMGC HQ look forward to awarding the shield at the Kent Open to the worthy recipient for 2015.

This is a great part of our club season ending celebrations along with our KIT and KO events.

Thanks for your input and of course, as always...

THE VTK SHIELD - Member of the year 2015 VTK%20Banner%20copy

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Just 4 days left to vote... go on... you know you want to!!!!

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Voting closes midday on the 1st.

Thanks for all the votes so far... It's looking like a close contest so every vote counts!!!

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Just over 24 hours to go....

Make 'em count KMGC'ers Very Happy

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Voting now closed...

All will be revealed on the 15th.

VTK!

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

The shield is back at KMGC HQ with the 2015 recipient's name inscribed and ready for the Kent Open presentations...

THE VTK SHIELD - Member of the year 2015 Img_0010

Editors Note: once upon a time this was an unmarked and unblemished shield... but then it spent a year in the hands of Tiger and has come back in a slightly potmarked state (the photo looks a lot worse to be honest than it does in the flesh). But it's not what it looks like, it's what it stands for... and I'm looking forward to presenting this on Sunday to a fellow KMGC'er.
VTK!

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:The shield is back at KMGC HQ with the 2015 recipient's name inscribed and ready for the Kent Open presentations...

THE VTK SHIELD - Member of the year 2015 Img_0010

Editors Note: once upon a time this was an unmarked and unblemished shield... but then it spent a year in the hands of Tiger and has come back in a slightly potmarked state (the photo looks a lot worse to be honest than it does in the flesh). But it's not what it looks like, it's what it stands for... and I'm looking forward to presenting this on Sunday to a fellow KMGC'er.
VTK!
Cheeky mare lol!

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

The Force

The Force

Frankly a joke that his name appears on there Evil or Very Mad

TK Max

The Force wrote:Frankly a joke that his name appears on there Evil or Very Mad

So do you not think we should ask the members for their votes?

The Force

The Force

TK Max wrote:
The Force wrote:Frankly a joke that his name appears on there Evil or Very Mad

So do you not think we should ask the members for their votes?

I think the members don't take the vote seriously at all if his name came out on top last year

The Force

The Force

In fact, I think the concept is flawed. Member of the year should be an open vote with all members able to be voted for whether they have previously won or not.

The Force

The Force

If you want a club 'hall of fame' then name it so!

DT

DT
Admin

Marc, you haven't been around as much recently so you're not in a position to say that it's a joke for a player to have won it when you don't know the rationale behind it and it saddens me that you would be so unkind about a player who faces great trials on a daily basis that the rest of us take for granted.

That one name represents what our club stands for and the spirit in which we all aim to play...irrespective of what might have happened since.

Tiger will always be welcome at the KMGC.

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Handbags at dawn anyone?

I love this forum... Always entertaining on these long winter nights Smile

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Freebird wrote:Handbags at dawn anyone?

I love this forum... Always entertaining on these long winter nights Smile
Suffice to say I'm in SO much trouble at Homer Towers

DT

DT
Admin

You'll never know when, but I will get you back!!!!!

We're all entitled to our opinions!

The Force

The Force

I look forward to receiving the shield myself in future...after every other member's name is on it (whether they are still members by that time!), when nobody else is eligible to be voted for (In 2034 I reckon) and if the shield is still intact by then (great job Tiger...)! Laughing

18THE VTK SHIELD - Member of the year 2015 Empty With thanks... Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:08 pm

The Gringo

The Gringo

Hi all,

Now I've got home and have had time to think about what I would like to say here is my reply to you all....

Today, I am the very proud (One year only) owner of the VTK Shield!

I would like to say thank you, not just to the current members of the Kent Mingolf Club who voted for me, but also to all the former members, those we unfortunately we no longer get to see anymore due to other circumstances beyond minigolf (yes the rest of life!)
Over the last years many members have shown me what it means to be a part of the KMGC and how lucky I am to be Vice Captain of this wonderful club.

Which leads me of course to my final thank you which is to Sean & Marion Homer. Thanks for making me feel so welcome when I made my debut back in 2007 and making me a part of such a friendly club that you and the oringinal's created. We only have to look at how many people participated in today's Kent Open to get feedback on whether or not we as a club are appreciated by our minigolf family.

So, it is with great regret that from December 31st 2015, I announce that I will.........
HAPPILY continue being a member of the friendliest Minigolf club in the UK.☺

Cheers and thanks to you all!

DT

DT
Admin

The Gringo wrote:Hi all,

Now I've got home and have had time to think about what I would like to say here is my reply to you all....

I would like to say thank you, not just to the current members of the Kent Mingolf Club who voted for me, but also to all the former members, those we unfortunately we no longer get to see anymore due to other circumstances beyond minigolf (yes the rest of life!)
Over the last years many members have shown me what it means to be a part of the KMGC and how lucky I am to be Vice Captain of this wonderful club.

Which leads me of course to my final thank you which is to Sean & Marion Homer. Thanks for making me feel so welcome when I made my debut back in 2007 and making me a part of such a friendly club that you and the oringinal's created. We only have to look at how many people participated in today's Kent Open to get feedback on whether or not we as a club are appreciated by our minigolf family.

So, it is with great regret that from December 31st 2015, I announce that I will.........
HAPPILY continue being a member of the friendliest Minigolf club in the UK.☺

Oh you kidder Scott!!!

Well done on receiving this accolade, it is very well deserved...glad you're part of our happy family xx

AK47

AK47

The Gringo wrote:Hi all,

HAPPILY continue being a member of the friendliest Minigolf club in the UK.☺️

With great regret?!?!? Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum