KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Empty Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:15 pm

AlienUK

If anyone fancies sharing a few tips and having a firendly I'll be at Lost Island with Cricket and the Assassin on Saturday morning. The soon-to-be-announced news may change the ball we use of course......

2Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Empty Re: Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

AlienUK wrote:If anyone fancies sharing a few tips and having a firendly I'll be at Lost Island with Cricket and the Assassin on Saturday morning.  The soon-to-be-announced news may change the ball we use of course......
I may well join you - DT is working sat am and I could do with a bit of practice on the course (although prob use a golf ball - good practice getting dialled in to the cup / ball combo ahead of the wCGC's)

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

3Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Empty Re: Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:49 pm

AlienUK

ok - might see you there. No doubt a prototype of the official ball will be in use but heavily disguised to avoid any espionage.... Wink 

We also thought of using a golf ball just to get used to the significant difference, so bit of a dual purpose.

4Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Empty Re: Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

AlienUK wrote:ok - might see you there.  No doubt a prototype of the official ball will be in use but heavily disguised to avoid any espionage....  Wink 

We also thought of using a golf ball just to get used to the significant difference, so bit of a dual purpose.
I may be able to give you an idea of what THE ball is like in terms of properties - I have a couple of similar balls that between them more or less have the properties of the KOB - unfortunately I don't have one ball that matches it (or comes close).

And yes golf ball practice well worth it - I'll be using my 2011 Kent Open ball

5Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Empty Re: Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

A very enjoyable morning over at Sidcup Explorers with Alien, The Assassin and Cricket. After a warm up round with the VTK ball (can't call it the Kent Open ball any more) we had a couple of rounds with the 2011 KMGC golf ball before finishing off with 2 games of skins (as a foursome).

A great way to practice... with myself and the Assassin tied after 18 holes in the first match... sudden death ensued with the Assassin unfortunately falling at the first hole.

A storming second match saw the Assassin streak ahead into a commanding lead with Cricket and myself a couple of points back going up to the 17th. The tension mounted with Ollie taking a 5 and showing British Open form, I aced it. A 2 by myself at the 18th saw Ollie need to ace or take a 2 to win the match by half a point. A heavy rebound left him with a 3 foot putt above the hole (and we've seen putts missed on the 18th before I recall). With a steady nerve, he sank the putt to win the 2nd match by half a point.

A rematch beckons at Hastings...

Great fun and good practice with the golf ball and metal rim combo.

6Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Empty Re: Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:33 pm

The Force

The Force

Freebird wrote:golf ball and metal rim combo.
= evil Evil or Very Mad 

7Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Empty Re: Sidcup - Saturday 12 Oct Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:59 pm

AlienUK

FB, thanks for the games and the hints, thoroughly enjoyable and great weather, which was a surprise after last night. Can't believe my mental block on hole 5!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum