KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014

+5
The Don
Freebird
tiger
Breakdown
Anthony Pope
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Tue May 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Anthony Pope

Evening Mini Golfers

Hope you don't mind me gatecrsahing the KMGC forum!

We're going to host a Tournament on Saturday 26th July starting at 5:00pm.

It'll be held over 3 quick-fire rounds.

Entry is £20 and this will provide you with free practice during the day of the 26th. This format means that you could travel to the course in the morning, practice during the day, play the 3 rounds and then travel home. Hopefully this might make it a bit more manageable not requiring an overnight stay.

Of course, a weekend in Sunny Worthing is always a delight if you do want to stay!

We're going to run the whole thing giving Sean & Marion a break from organising. If you're thinking of coming, let us know and we'll reserve you a place.There's a maximum field size of 54 but I doubt we'll get anywhere near that. You can pay in advance or on the day but you must be registered by 3pm on the 26th July.

Prize list details TBC but we'll sort out a trophy for the winner

Look forward to seeing you

Cheers, Ant

2Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Wed May 28, 2014 12:38 pm

Breakdown

I am interested

3Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty splashpoint open Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:02 am

tiger

tiger

Hi Anthony count me in

4Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:59 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

So KMGC'ers (and our welcome guests), who's planning on taking a trip to Worthing on Saturday?

Weather looks ok- some rain in the afternoon but clearing for the competition...

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

5Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:26 pm

The Don

We are hoping to but I'm struggling to get the day off work, Prob have to confirm and enter Saturday morning

6Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Anthony Pope

Hey everyone,

Saturdays weather looks good. Trophies ordered today and a few loose bricks cemented in. The hot weather is really drying the ground out.

I'll post a few more event details Thurs or Fri

Cheers

7Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:45 am

TK Max

Adam and I plan to be there.

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

8Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Anthony Pope

Hi everyone,

Looks like a good field assembling tommorow.

I think we're going to have the Rowing Club's upstairs room available so that'll be the event 'HQ'.

After each round, you'll bring your scorecards up there and the scores will be collated. Its also where we'll have the prize giving at the end.

You'd have seen the club before - its the big building on the corner of the prom that overlooks the course.

Please note - the Rowing Club are doing us (Splash Point) a huge favour letting us use their recently refurbished room. Please treat it as your ow, dispose of any litter elsewhere and its strictly no smoking. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Also, the first 30 players to register gets a 'Players Pack'. Any more than 30 and the next ones get similar but in a carrier bag!

I'll be at the course about 9:30 but if you're playing and want to get there earlier for practice you are welcome to.

See you tomorrow

Ant

9Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:41 pm

The Force

The Force

Good luck KMGC players!

Great to see Splash Point pulling out all the stops in hosting their own Open event. Are the owners playing...? Cool 

10Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Anthony Pope

I'm running it so I won't be, Pete might, we'll see

11Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Anthony Pope

Oh, the rowing club has a bar available. Not a free one obv. The 'HQ' will be available until 9pm which should give us time for the event & prizes.

Brad has retired hasn't he?

12Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Sheila_Knowledge

Gutted I can't be there but I am sure it will be a great day.

13Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:59 am

The Force

The Force

1st Michael Smith
2nd Nuno Cunha
3rd Adam Kelly
4th Will Donnelly

14Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:33 am

Sheila_Knowledge

5th Mark Wood
6th Tony Kelly

Beyond that, we'll wait for the Bangolf.

15Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:47 am

Anthony Pope

Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Spo_re11

16Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:00 am

The Force

The Force

What happened in the last round Adam? Shocked 

17Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:52 am

The Force

The Force

Anthony Pope wrote:Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Spo_re11

Some crazy scoring too!

18Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:29 am

AK47

AK47

The Force wrote:What happened in the last round Adam? Shocked 

Jiffed it.

19Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:37 am

The Force

The Force

AK47 wrote:
The Force wrote:What happened in the last round Adam? Shocked 

Jiffed it.

Haha...and Will didn't?  Laughing 

20Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Sheila_Knowledge

Some entertaining scoring there.

Can't wait to see the breakdown on it (ie where it went wrong on some holes). Splash Point punishes like no other.

21Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:47 pm

Anthony Pope

Thanks to everyone who came down - sorry to hear some of you had a nightmare journey down and there was that A27 diversion on the way back! Apologies also for the 'toddler' invasion. With the 'Bonnie' incident in 2011 and now this, I wonder whats next?

Hopefully the 3 quick rounds wasn't too quick and althouth we didn't need it last night in the balmy conditions, hopefully using the rowing clubhouse again might be welcomed? The ability to have a pint between rounds seemed popular with some!

Whilst we've hosted tournaments before, running them is a whole different ball game and I'd encourage everyone to have a go so that you can fully appreciate the job Sean & Marion usually do. The fact they actually manage to play sometimes too is testament to the excellent job they do. Apologies I forgot to sort pictures of the winners although I've got some other pictures that i'll post up soon.

Anyway, cheers again for coming down and lets do it again next year!

ps - well done Michael!

22Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty splash point open Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:24 pm

tiger

tiger

thanks for an enjoyable tournament ant ,and thanks to all my playing partners and congratualations to michael on another win almost as good as a fine wine  Laughing .Sorry i could not play any better the away courses are stumping me at the moment limited knowledge of courses and little time to put sufficient practice in but roll on the pirate course tournaments and i will show you what i can really do

23Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:07 pm

Sheila_Knowledge

Anthony Pope wrote:Thanks to everyone who came down - sorry to hear some of you had a nightmare journey down and there was that A27 diversion on the way back! Apologies also for the 'toddler' invasion. With the 'Bonnie' incident in 2011 and now this, I wonder whats next?

Hopefully the 3 quick rounds wasn't too quick and althouth we didn't need it last night in the balmy conditions, hopefully using the rowing clubhouse again might be welcomed? The ability to have a pint between rounds seemed popular with some!

Whilst we've hosted tournaments before, running them is a whole different ball game and I'd encourage everyone to have a go so that you can fully appreciate the job Sean & Marion usually do. The fact they actually manage to play sometimes too is testament to the excellent job they do. Apologies I forgot to sort pictures of the winners although I've got some other pictures that i'll post up soon.

Anyway, cheers again for coming down and lets do it again next year!

ps - well done Michael!

I completely echo what you say about running a tournament, having done the Freddysmile a week before. I was more concentrating on everyone having a good time and making sure I could answer any questions. Full of respect to anyone, especially Sean and Marion, who runs competitions as the work that goes on behind the scenes is vast.

24Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Empty Re: Splash Point Open - July 26th 2014 Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

via the BMGA website...

Latest news: Splash Point host their first Club Open competition and updated rankings published

http://www.minigolf.org.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=581:latest-news-splash-point-host-their-first-club-open-competition-and-updated-rankings-published&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=105&Itemid=60

Results, rankings and a look ahead to Europe and the rest of the season...

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum