KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

British Matchplay Comp

+2
Freebird
Mr X
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51British Matchplay Comp - Page 3 Empty Re: British Matchplay Comp Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:19 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

andy ex wrote:At work now after a fine tussle in normal Hastings conditions ie wet!
Tel won the toss & I went first:
A T
2 2
3 2
2 2
1 2
3 4
3 2
1 2
2 2
2 2
2 2
2 2
2 2
1 -
3 2
2 2
1 2
2 -

= Andy wins 2+1. Thanks to Big Top Ted for kindly sweeping the water away as we went, a great help!
Just had a text from Tel, apparently playing John Moore in the final tomorrow after the day's play. Looking forward to it & hoping I make a better effort than last year!
Nice to see the SwineFlu kid looking well & raring to go too! Wink
See ya all Tom!

VTK!!
Top stuff Andy! Tel was pretty gracious when we saw him this afternoon, said you brought your A game and really blitzed him. And yes we have the KMGC v MMC for the title - we will be cheering you on with squidgies in hand to help you through!!!

John beat Chris on the 4th extra hole in the quarters (amazingly he was 1 down with just the 18th to play and Chris took a 3!!!). Then John beat Ted in a downpour I believe 2up (was 1 up with 1 to go and won the last hole as well).

SHould be a good final but the UK no.1 will bring home the victory for the KMGC!!!

VTK!!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

52British Matchplay Comp - Page 3 Empty Re: British Matchplay Comp Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:17 am

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:
andy ex wrote:At work now after a fine tussle in normal Hastings conditions ie wet!
Tel won the toss & I went first:
A T
2 2
3 2
2 2
1 2
3 4
3 2
1 2
2 2
2 2
2 2
2 2
2 2
1 -
3 2
2 2
1 2
2 -

= Andy wins 2+1. Thanks to Big Top Ted for kindly sweeping the water away as we went, a great help!
Just had a text from Tel, apparently playing John Moore in the final tomorrow after the day's play. Looking forward to it & hoping I make a better effort than last year!
Nice to see the SwineFlu kid looking well & raring to go too! Wink
See ya all Tom!

VTK!!
Top stuff Andy! Tel was pretty gracious when we saw him this afternoon, said you brought your A game and really blitzed him. And yes we have the KMGC v MMC for the title - we will be cheering you on with squidgies in hand to help you through!!!

John beat Chris on the 4th extra hole in the quarters (amazingly he was 1 down with just the 18th to play and Chris took a 3!!!). Then John beat Ted in a downpour I believe 2up (was 1 up with 1 to go and won the last hole as well).

SHould be a good final but the UK no.1 will bring home the victory for the KMGC!!!

VTK!!

Cheers Sean, looking forward to it! I'll remind John of our Matchplay score at Strokes just before we start. (8+7) Not expecting such an easy game today though! Smile

VTK!

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

53British Matchplay Comp - Page 3 Empty Re: British Matchplay Comp Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Thanks to everyone for their support & good wishes, also Sean for scoring & Chris H for water sweeping!
Nice to lay the ghost of last year's final to rest, shame I had to beat John though but that's Matchplay! Glad it was on the Crazy course, I really enjoyed the Crazy course today, it's usually my problem course out of the two, this year it was reversed I was dung on the Mini! Smile

VTK!

54British Matchplay Comp - Page 3 Empty Re: British Matchplay Comp Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

andy ex wrote:Thanks to everyone for their support & good wishes, also Sean for scoring & Chris H for water sweeping!
Nice to lay the ghost of last year's final to rest, shame I had to beat John though but that's Matchplay! Glad it was on the Crazy course, I really enjoyed the Crazy course today, it's usually my problem course out of the two, this year it was reversed I was dung on the Mini! Smile

VTK!
Well played Andy - exorcising those demons with a fitting (and comprehensive) win at the 14th hole. You make us all very proud in the KMGC - let's see those VTK shouts pushing all the way to victory tomorrow (a clear sweep of all the top places would be nice). See you in the morning!!!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

55British Matchplay Comp - Page 3 Empty Re: British Matchplay Comp Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:37 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Cheers Sean, we're gathering behind the what's left of PHCGC & a few others, tomorrow KMGC will shine!

VTK!!

56British Matchplay Comp - Page 3 Empty Re: British Matchplay Comp Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:52 am

Smeethino

Smeethino

Congratulations on a superb victory in the Matchplay Final Andy. That three-hole ace blitz was brilliant. Well played.

Looking forward to next year's tournament already. Someone suggested it may take place over one day? How about at the Hastings Mini before its demise? The 5th and 12th would not then be the 'round-spoilers' that they are in strokeplay? Wink

57British Matchplay Comp - Page 3 Empty Re: British Matchplay Comp Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Smeethino wrote:Congratulations on a superb victory in the Matchplay Final Andy. That three-hole ace blitz was brilliant. Well played.

Looking forward to next year's tournament already. Someone suggested it may take place over one day? How about at the Hastings Mini before its demise? The 5th and 12th would not then be the 'round-spoilers' that they are in strokeplay? Wink

Thanks Trev, Aces sure help in Matchplay! A number of people are preferring a one day Tourney next year after the delays this year, Sean has devised a way of everyone getting a few games even if eliminated after one match, so the SC will be looking into it shortly.
We need a course for a full day which could be a big ask, Hastings Mini would be great, I never knew it was so popular! (or is it now popular as it's going? Smile)
Looking forward to defending my title already, Matchplay's great fun!

58British Matchplay Comp - Page 3 Empty Re: British Matchplay Comp Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:31 pm

Anthony Pope

Yep, well played Andy - that's a good comp to put in the bag.

John Moore had looked pretty solid on the Crazy (and he did shoot a 31 over the weekend on it) so to have had it wrapped up by the 14 was quite an accomplishment.

Looking forward to the 2010 matchplay whatever the format!

59British Matchplay Comp - Page 3 Empty Re: British Matchplay Comp Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:54 am

Mr X

Mr X

Anthony Pope wrote:Yep, well played Andy - that's a good comp to put in the bag.

John Moore had looked pretty solid on the Crazy (and he did shoot a 31 over the weekend on it) so to have had it wrapped up by the 14 was quite an accomplishment.

Looking forward to the 2010 matchplay whatever the format!

Cheers Ant, and well done yourself for a great weekend's play, I was really hoping you had a great round in the final, not to be but your improvement this year has been awesome & very good to see! There's a lesson there for all, practice & preperation count! Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum