Will post a breakdown of who's in so far this week (we are getting a few non KMGC players keen to take part but they are all on hold until I hear from the great and good of the KMGC - so let me know ASAP if you want to play).
Few snippets to whet the appetite regarding the event itself:
1) All matches will be matchplay format
2) All will be played on the Explorers course
3) There will be 2 teams (numbers tbc but obviously dependent on how many of us play!)
4) Only the Kent Open Ball (KOB) can be used on the day
5) There will be 4 rounds - singles, 2 balls, 4 balls, singles.
6) Scoring - for each match, a point for a win, half for a draw. Team with the most points at the end of the day wins!!
7) Singles and pairs will be announced before each round once the captains (who are to be confirmed) have passed over their playing order to the organiser.
8 ) Overall Team selection will be seeded - there will be a number of 'pots' with players grouped based on BMGA rankings. Players will be drawn out (FA Cup style) from each pot to populate the teams, thus ensuring a balanced match.
9) The draw for the teams will take place on Saturday (after the BMGA AGM) giving the captains the afternoon/Sunday morning to ponder playing order, pairings, etc.
and finally (for now)...
10) To add even more spice, family members will be on separate teams!!