KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Putters

+3
Delaney
Mr X
AlienUK
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:56 am

AlienUK

Does anyone have a junior putter they'd like to sell - surely a few of the younger players have grown! Or is there a good starter club?

27Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Delaney

Delaney

AlienUK wrote:Does anyone have a junior putter they'd like to sell - surely a few of the younger players have grown! Or is there a good starter club?

I have a nifo double club in 70cm which I no longer use/need. I would be willing to sell that quite cheaply if you are interested!!

28Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:02 pm

AlienUK

Hi, Will, you've seen Ollie (at the Kent Open) . Is 70cm long enough (he is 4 ft 9)?

29Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Delaney

Delaney

AlienUK wrote:Hi, Will, you've seen Ollie (at the Kent Open) . Is 70cm long enough (he is 4 ft 9)?

I tried to work it out & seemed to be a decent size!

I would advise that you try it out before you buy it to make sure that everything is fine with it!!

I will meet you at the course one day if you want & we can sort it out then.

30Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:42 am

AlienUK

Will, just called Adventure Island. The red putters (which are slightly small for Ollie) are about 73cm, so I think he needs an 80cm. Thanks a lot for the reply, I think I need to get a larger one (especially as he is bound to grow over the next year!).

31Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Mr X

Mr X

AlienUK wrote:Will, just called Adventure Island. The red putters (which are slightly small for Ollie) are about 73cm, so I think he needs an 80cm. Thanks a lot for the reply, I think I need to get a larger one (especially as he is bound to grow over the next year!).
Alien, if Ollie likes Will's putter, (he will) cut the grip off, then buy one of these: http://www.gamolagolf.co.uk/acatalog/Shaft_Extensions.html
then fit a new grip. (very easy, I've done it many times) job done & for about £10 more than Will sells you the Double, Ollie has a new putter! Later when he gets taller a new shaft & grip would only be about £15 but he'd probably want a Ryner by then! Cool

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

32Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm

The Natural

The Natural

One last question, hopefully Very Happy

what would people recommend between the fun-sports and the nifo double?

33Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:55 am

AK47

AK47

Too Good Wood wrote:

FunSports every time...

34Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Mr X

Mr X

AK47 wrote:
Too Good Wood wrote:

FunSports every time...
I'd agree & so would HIOK I'm sure - he's quite good with his!
Like a Star @ heaven

35Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:27 pm

HIOK

HIOK

Different putters suit different players...

The Fun Sports putter is fairly heavy, at least compared to a lot of putters, whilst the Nifo Double is very light in comparison. So whilst I really like the Fun Sports, try and guess whether you would prefer a lighter or heavier putter, and you should have the answer as to which way you should go.

36Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:05 pm

AK47

AK47

If you ever top the ball, the Double is a nightmare! Especially when using harder balls like the Klickr. Even though you might only top <1% of shots, it is still something you want to avoid, and most putters (FunSports, Nifo Steel, Ryner, Gun etc...) are very forgiving of topped shots but the Double sends shockwaves through your entire nervous system (exaggeration for effect, but only slight exaggeration Wink ) and sends the ball off line and off speed from what you intended. I was certainly reluctant to use a Klickr when I was playing with a Double despite the fact that it is definitely one of the best minigolf balls going. Since I've changed putter I would say the most refreshing difference has been having confidence in using a Klickr without worrying about the dreaded top... in conclusion, go for the FunSports Wink

My word, that reads just like an Amazon review Laughing

37Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33 pm

ClockworkOrange

An alternative is to represent Great Britain at the European Minigolf Championships and get given one by a benevolent Swede. Smile

http://twitter.com/TardisType40

38Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:19 pm

AK47

AK47

ClockworkOrange wrote:An alternative is to represent Great Britain at the European Minigolf Championships and get given one by a benevolent Swede. Smile

That club has now won multiple swedish honours, two world championships and perhaps most importantly, a kent open Wink

39Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:05 pm

ClockworkOrange

Yes. I was distinctly impressed by all that, until Marc told me that those were team titles. But nevertheless, the club is steeped in history as 3 players have now won tournaments with it. Now, I need to find a young protege who I can give the club to in order to make that four. Very Happy

Speaking of the Kent Open, I have no doubt that Sean as a fellow two time winner would agree that along with the British Matchplay Championships, it is pretty much Britain's fourth minigolf major. Exclamation

I think a certain Mr Tony Kelly will get their hands on it next year. (The Kent Open that is not the club!) Wink

http://twitter.com/TardisType40

40Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Mr X

Mr X

AK47 wrote:
ClockworkOrange wrote:An alternative is to represent Great Britain at the European Minigolf Championships and get given one by a benevolent Swede. Smile

That club has now won multiple swedish honours, two world championships and perhaps most importantly, a kent open Wink
The 3d putter I have for sale has been 2nd in the WCGC's three times, also 2nd in the BC at the sadly no more Clambers,as well as 2nd twice in the BM at Sarfend. It is truly No 2! Embarassed

41Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:36 pm

HIOK

HIOK

Mr X wrote:
AK47 wrote:

The 3d putter I have for sale has been 2nd in the WCGC's three times, also 2nd in the BC at the sadly no more Clambers,as well as 2nd twice in the BM at Sarfend. It is truly No 2! Embarassed

But it's also won plenty of tournaments too Andy. As well as being the weapon that got you to number 1. Very Happy

42Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 am

Mr X

Mr X

HIOK wrote:
Mr X wrote:
AK47 wrote:

But it's also won plenty of tournaments too Andy. As well as being the weapon that got you to number 1. Very Happy
Although I didn't mind being labelled No2 for a while, many people took it the wrong way of course! Very Happy

43Putters - Page 2 Empty Re: Putters Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:17 pm

The Natural

The Natural

Thanks for everyone's input, one Fun-Sports purchased

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2