KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Green - weekly comps

+5
AK47
HIOK
DT
Mr X
Freebird
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Mr X

Mr X

I'm at work (unfortunately) but anyone turning up tonight will witness a treat - Cockney Tel's debut on Swedish Felt! Wish I was there to see it! Twisted Evil

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

27The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:30 pm

HIOK

HIOK

I wonder if our wonderful captain has continued his hot form to shoot a 25 tonight or if his record is still 26?

28The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Mr X

Mr X

HIOK wrote:I wonder if our wonderful captain has continued his hot form to shoot a 25 tonight or if his record is still 26?

Stop trying to talk your way into the KMGC CC 'A' Team Michael, you're in it anyway! Very Happy

29The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Anyone going tomorrow night? See you there!

30The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:27 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Mr X wrote:Anyone going tomorrow night? See you there!
Should be quite a few of us - I will be there and DT is keen to drop her 50's from her KIT scores - and I think TK & AK may be coming down as well... should be a good night.

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

31The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:
Mr X wrote:Anyone going tomorrow night? See you there!
Should be quite a few of us - I will be there and DT is keen to drop her 50's from her KIT scores - and I think TK & AK may be coming down as well... should be a good night.
Good stuff, I think Tel may come too.

32The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:40 pm

AK47

AK47

yeep we should be there Very Happy

33The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:41 pm

HIOK

HIOK

yep, se you all there.

34The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Good showing by the look of it, luckily Tel can't make it now too! Very Happy

35The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Depending on timings it would be good perhaps to try a matchplay (Club Champs type format) round or two with the KMGC players present... give me a chance to cast a Captains view over you all! Wink

36The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:25 pm

HIOK

HIOK

Good idea FB. To me you have a tougher task than Colin did in picking his Ryder Cup side - at least we have two teams though.

Is the 28th Nov confirmed for the CC?

37The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:41 pm

TK Max

Anyone going along to The Green tomorrow?

AK and me are planning to be there during the afternoon and for the evening competition.

38The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:46 am

TK Max

Congratulations to Will, Marc and Julio on some great performances last night.

There are some fantastic scores coming out of The Green at the moment. Following on from Michael's course record 27, James shot a 23 in a friendly match with Julio and Will, including eight aces on the back nine. Yesterday Julio shot 11 aces in a round on the easy settings, including seven aces in his first eight holes after starting on the 3rd. It really shows what dedicated practice can do. It is funny to think that it is less than a year ago that we were all struggling to beat 40 on that course.

It was fun watching Adam trying to ace the 11th with a golf ball Very Happy Very Happy

39The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:38 pm

The Gringo

The Gringo

Hi KMGC'ers,
Hope this finds you all fit and well?

If anyone is interested I'll be at the "Green" this Saturday. It'll be the first time i'd of held my putter this year. Can't make Bristol next weekend as it's my fathers 60th celebrations.

My first comp should be Liverpool next month.... look forward to seeing you all soon....

DG

40The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:27 pm

The Force

The Force

What time are you going to be there? I'm off to the Spurs match 3pm Kick-off you see...

41The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:16 pm

HIOK

HIOK

Hi All
I'm going to go to Hither Green this Saturday from 11 for most of the day if anyone would like some practice rounds.

42The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:33 pm

TK Max

Congratulations to the young guns who completely ruled the roost in last night's weekly competition at The Green.

The might of HIOK, The Force, Rocket, 180, Stormin and TK Max were completely swept away by the teenage trio of Clockwork Orange, AK47 and Ballesteros.

Seth deservedly won with rounds of 32 and 34 for a total of 66. Adam was three strokes behind with 69 and Julio a further stroke off with 70.

The British Championships at The Green are going to be wide open. But can the young guns keep it up over seven rounds???

43The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:52 am

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

DT's intense training programme continues at great pace as she prepares for the Nations Cup.

Following a personal best performance at the National Open picking up the Cat 2 runner up prize in a play off she's now starting to bang in some very impressive scores at the Green.

After a couple of warm up rounds last night, she played a full round with myself and guest player The Rocket, banging in an all time personal best score of 33 and looking very strong throughout the round, only dropping shots on 1 hole (a frustrating 4 at the 16th).

The Rocket was blown away by the KMGC onslaught - carding a 40 (while I banged in a rather nifty 30).

Roll on the Masters!

44The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:30 am

The Force

The Force

Woop! I also heard a rumour that The Force has regained his mojo (and his form!) in time for the weekend...he'll be at Hither Green from about 4pm today for some relaxing play, a drink or two and a friendly chat...if anyone's interested...maybe a few biscuits will be involved too!

45The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:53 am

TK Max

Adam and I played a Fake British Championships over seven rounds at The Green yesterday.

AK scored 37,39,35,37,44,36,33 = 261 (+9)
TK scored 36,39,45,41,41,38,35 = 275 (+23)

AK shot 30 aces, TK shot 26.

A comfortable victory for Adam - well played.

I recovered my form in time for the evening handicap, shooting two personal bests of 33 to come third behind Giuseppe and Nick.

We then played a final round with the kiddies' spongey putters and course balls.

AK scored 71, TK scored 62 after dropping just five shots on the back nine with aces on 10,16 and 18.

46The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:01 pm

ClockworkOrange

I know Thursday tournaments have been suspended till further notice, but I will be at The Green this Thursday along with Michael and Chris. I do not know if anybody else is interested in coming?
It's certainly time for me to shake off the cobwebs.

http://twitter.com/TardisType40

47The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:09 am

TK Max

Adam is thinking of going down now that he has finished his exams and I will probably come along too after work.

If everyone is up for it, perhaps we can organise a two-round stroke play tournament by ourselves?

48The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:01 pm

HIOK

HIOK

Great tournament superbly run by AK47. The Swedish 4 were a little off their game and missing Bjorn and Eirik's coaching but great fun all the same.

The highlight? Freebird's German swearing of course! How do it go again - Slasssen, Schwasen, Schamsson, Sweiger? I'm sure it was one of those. And he didn't even given himself a warning, typical!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

49The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:24 am

AK47

AK47

So while we were waiting for the tournament to begin, Michael made the claim that GB would be in the top 10 countries within two years. In his usual fashion, Tony couldn't resist the pun and said, "I wouldn't bet on it." Seth added, "It will be an eternity until we get that far." but I felt the jokes were awful. Moving On Swiftly...

The results of the tournament...
9- Devonte: 74+126= 200
8- Giuseppe: 43+126= 169
7- Marion: 53+56= 109
6- Chris: 51+46= 97
5- Tony: 48+34= 82
4- Seth: 41+38= 79
3- Sean: 36+41= 77
2- Adam: 34+40= 74
1- Michael: 36+32= 68

Special mentions to Marion for halfs of 39(nothing better than a three) and 14(nothing worse than a 2) in her first round.
Also to Tony for scoring 7s on 16 and 18 in round one, following that with aces on 3, 7 and 9 in round two then finishing the tournament of with 4s on 16 and 18 Rolling Eyes

50The Green - weekly comps - Page 2 Empty Re: The Green - weekly comps Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Mr X

Mr X

So while we were waiting for the tournament to begin, Michael made the claim that GB would be in the top 10 countries within two years. In his usual fashion, Tony couldn't resist the pun and said, "I wouldn't bet on it." Seth added, "It will be an eternity until we get that far." but I felt the jokes were awful. Moving On Swiftly...

That's a very Adventureous prediction from Michael! Embarassed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum