KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!


You are not connected. Please login or register

British Open - Hastings Pirate course - 20/21 September 2014

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sheila_Knowledge


Friday for me too.

Pesky work.

The Natural

avatar
Freebird wrote:And don't forget that the mighty KMGC have our British Open team title to defend. To be honest it was a bit of a stroll last year. But with the WAGM style rules and the strength of field it should be a good battle.

The KMGC will have 4 teams - 2 x 4 players and 2 x 3 players.


When will these be announced?

AlienUK


I'll be there Friday, can't get time off sadly.

Sheila_Knowledge


The Natural wrote:
Freebird wrote:And don't forget that the mighty KMGC have our British Open team title to defend. To be honest it was a bit of a stroll last year. But with the WAGM style rules and the strength of field it should be a good battle.

The KMGC will have 4 teams - 2 x 4 players and 2 x 3 players.


When will these be announced?

Probably before the weekend, at a guess.

The Natural

avatar
Sheila_Knowledge wrote:
The Natural wrote:
Freebird wrote:And don't forget that the mighty KMGC have our British Open team title to defend. To be honest it was a bit of a stroll last year. But with the WAGM style rules and the strength of field it should be a good battle.

The KMGC will have 4 teams - 2 x 4 players and 2 x 3 players.


When will these be announced?

Probably before the weekend, at a guess.

thanks for clearing that up

Sheila_Knowledge


The Natural wrote:
Sheila_Knowledge wrote:
The Natural wrote:
Freebird wrote:And don't forget that the mighty KMGC have our British Open team title to defend. To be honest it was a bit of a stroll last year. But with the WAGM style rules and the strength of field it should be a good battle.

The KMGC will have 4 teams - 2 x 4 players and 2 x 3 players.


When will these be announced?

Probably before the weekend, at a guess.

thanks for clearing that up

Anytime, my overly eager friend.

Freebird

avatar
Admin
A busy day at the Pirate course.

8 Germans, 2 Kosovans, 2 Czechs, a Swede, a Smith, a brace of Donnelly's. a Pragnell, a Gomm, and a McIver (along with the Organiser marking out the tee off areas) all beavering away on the course in the scorching sunshine.

Can't wait for the games to begin!!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Freebird

avatar
Admin
PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP:

If you are definitely not playing in the PC's this year can you let me know on this thread (just makes my life a tad easier prepping things for Friday).

Thanks.

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

The Gringo

avatar
I won't be but I'll give a couple of quid though.

TK Max


Unfortunately due to work commitments I will not be able to practise this week and will not be taking part in the Players Championship. I plan to arrive on Friday evening.

Delaney

avatar
Neither Delaney nor the ref are able to make the players championship!

Mr X

avatar
Good luck this weekend everyone, looks a great field - the weather looks like it'll be ok so should be a fine competition. Play well KMGC & bring home the Trophy to Kent from the far away E.Sussex wastelands!
I'll be down on Sunday to watch a bit of action & grab a bag of chips!
ATB VTK!!! cheers cheers

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

Freebird

avatar
Admin
The traditional curtain raiser for the British Open, Friday 19th September saw the Players Championships and International Players Championships take place.

Congratulations to Michael Smith for winning the Players Championship with Sean Homer 2nd, James Rutherford 3rd and Adrian Amey 4th.

Michael chose Cancer Research UK as the winners charity and this will receive the ongoing charity pot raised from the Hole In One Challenges across the season as well as half of the entry fees from the Players Championship

The Players Championship results can be found at http://www.bmga.co.uk/2014PC/result.htm

Karsten Hein (Germany) won the International Players Championship, beating Jan Hedstrom (Sweden) in the final.

The International Players Championship results can be found at http://www.bmga.co.uk/2014IPC/result.htm

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Mr X

avatar
Freebird wrote:The traditional curtain raiser for the British Open, Friday 19th September saw the Players Championships and International Players Championships take place.

Congratulations to Michael Smith for winning the Players Championship with Sean Homer 2nd, James Rutherford 3rd and Adrian Amey 4th.

Michael chose Cancer Research UK as the winners charity and this will receive the ongoing charity pot raised from the Hole In One Challenges across the season as well as half of the entry fees from the Players Championship

The Players Championship results can be found at http://www.bmga.co.uk/2014PC/result.htm

Karsten Hein (Germany) won the International Players Championship, beating Jan Hedstrom (Sweden) in the final.

The International Players Championship results can be found at http://www.bmga.co.uk/2014IPC/result.htm
Well done Michael & a fine cause chosen for the funds, good going FB & Adrian - the European trip's paying off! cheers

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

The Gringo

avatar
Right then Kmgc player's

Big second day to come all the best for today and whether your a part of the club or not after this tournament it has been a pleasure to call you my team mates...

Many Aces!

VTK!

The Force

avatar
Come on the KMGC!!!

Mr X

avatar
Well done Adam, an astonishing performance of consistent top quality all weekend & would surely have won if Michael was a normal human being with nerves, both of you are a class apart!
Good to see Will in 4th, hopefully he won't moan about this tournament, just for a change! Smile
Well done to FB, TK, DG, Mark & Chris for all making the final round in a good strong field.
It was good to come down briefly yesterday & it gave me pangs but looking at the scoring over the course of the weekend perhaps I was better off staying away. Looked a great competition & really good to see so many foreign players.
But, business as usual for Michael & congratulations to him, possibly his best performance yet in my eyes given the fact that Adam was pushing him all the way through - a great champion! cheers cheers cheers

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

HIOK

avatar
We might be club rivals now but as many of you are my friends, I hope nobody will mind me saying how proud I was of the KMGC's performance at the weekend.
Adam will rightly take most of the KMGC plaudits - and rightly so, he's a legend. But from top bottom, experienced players to newbies, I thought it was a great club performance. Well done on a very well deserved team competition victory.

Freebird

avatar
Admin
The British Open in words, pics and numbers...

http://www.minigolf.org.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=593:british-open-report&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=105&Itemid=60

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Freebird

avatar
Admin
Might be worth checking out the Sun tomorrow... chances are there may well be something British Open related inside!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Freebird

avatar
Admin
Fame at last (well sort of...)



Link to the Sun website article:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/5942215/How-the-novelty-has-worn-off-crazy-golf.html

The website is not free but you can get a free first month if you register (and can then cancel at any time).

The article is featured in todays paper on pages 30-31.



http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum