KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!


You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 Kent Open - Lost Island Encounter, Sidcup (Sunday 11th November)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Freebird

avatar
Admin
Now up to 26 entrants - 3 more novices joining the ranks!!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Freebird

avatar
Admin
Freebird wrote:Now up to 26 entrants - 3 more novices joining the ranks!!
Make that 27 with another novice added - looks like a battle royale for the novice champion with 9 contenders already lining up on Sunday!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

ClockworkOrange


Predictions for the Kent Open.

1st: Seth Thomas -27
2nd: Michael Smith -15
3rd: Will Donnelly -6
Equal 4th: AK,TK,SH,JR,Mr X -5
5th: DG -4 (misses out on 3rd owing to a 7 on 17)

One of these predictions may not be correct as I was told it by Sandra Meg.

http://twitter.com/TardisType40

Freebird

avatar
Admin
ClockworkOrange wrote:Predictions for the Kent Open.

1st: Seth Thomas -27
2nd: Michael Smith -15
3rd: Will Donnelly -6
Equal 4th: AK,TK,SH,JR,Mr X -5
5th: DG -4 (misses out on 3rd owing to a 7 on 17)

One of these predictions may not be correct as I was told it by Sandra Meg.
Funniest prediction of the season

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

ClockworkOrange


Been speaking to Sandra Meg apparently there was a mix up and my score should have been +27 Sad

http://twitter.com/TardisType40

Freebird

avatar
Admin
Now up to 32 players - what a result!!

And talking of results, the Fake Kent Open today was won by HIOK with a 3 round score of 101 (-7) beating the 2 time champion Freebird by 2 shots!!

But in the Knowley Grail (Pinky Diver) practise session FB hit back with a 35 to win by 3 shots (including an ace on the 18th!!!).

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

AK47

avatar
hate to say it Sean but I think that might rule you out of the Knowley Grail tournament, as no practice is allowed!! you'll have to hope Brad's in a generous mood this weekend... Wink

Freebird

avatar
Admin
AK47 wrote:hate to say it Sean but I think that might rule you out of the Knowley Grail tournament, as no practice is allowed!! you'll have to hope Brad's in a generous mood this weekend... Wink
Schoolboy error on our part Rolling Eyes

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Freebird

avatar
Admin
More news for Sunday.

Now 32 players!!

And a couple of Forrests will be helping out with the admin (with 4 Strings also popping over on his way back from work as well).

And we have a Photographic portait artists coming along to boot!!!

See below for details......

I received the following email a couple of weeks ago

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm currently organizing a photography project based around the love of a sport or hobby and am including the passionate mini golfer. As many sports are filled with sportsman who are over payed and ungrateful for the talent they have been given i wanted to look at people who love an activity for the pure enjoyment of it rather than the dream of financial gain and glory.

I am writing to you to inquire into any of your memebers who would be willing to pose for a portrait, be it the latest champion of a tournament or the newest member, aslong as they are passionate about what they do and love mini golf.

Any help or contacts you can provide will be hugely appreciated.

Regards,

Simon Martin"


And I responded as follows:


"Simon,

Sounds like an interesting project. We have a number of players in the Kent Minigolf Club that I am sure would be keen to get involved in this. We have our annual Open competition taking place in a couple of weeks at Sidcup (details at http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/2012KO.htm) and as most of the club will be attending, this could be an ideal opportunity to take a few shots of various players.

Let me know if this would be any use to you. If so I will let the club know what you are looking at doing and hopefully we'll see you in a couple of weeks time.

Kind regards,

Sean."


He liked the sound of what we are all about and has confirmed he will be at the event on Sunday (not playing) which could result in some interesting additional photos of our time at Sidcup!!!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Mr X

avatar
Big field! Great to see the Forrests involved too! cheers

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

AlienUK


On behalf of the Sidcup Ad Hocs, thanks to Sean and Marion for organising a great, fun, frustrating event. The 3 of us enjoyed meeting a lot of new people and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Thanks for making us feel very welcome, we hope to play in more events next year. The KMGC will be getting a lot of abuse over the winter.

Freebird

avatar
Admin
AlienUK wrote:On behalf of the Sidcup Ad Hocs, thanks to Sean and Marion for organising a great, fun, frustrating event. The 3 of us enjoyed meeting a lot of new people and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Thanks for making us feel very welcome, we hope to play in more events next year. The KMGC will be getting a lot of abuse over the winter.
Martin - glad you enjoyed it and it was great to see the 3 of you this weekend. It's a great ball so well worth getting practice with!!!!!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

The Force

avatar
Just seen the results - wow!

Mr X

avatar
The Force wrote:Just seen the results - wow!
Yup, Mystic Smeg aka Seth was obviously rightly confident going into the KO. It was only Brad & myself dragging him down in R3 that stopped a real slaughter! Still a great win though Seth - well done! Well done too DG on the Aces win, only one less than I got! Very Happy
As usual an excellent day, minigolf in the sun can't be beaten! Thanks to FB, DT, Sue & Jen for super organisation as usual & the VTK ball is superb, no surprise that no one wanted to swap theirs back - I just need to practice more with it as I kept underhitting everything. Unlike in the Knowley Grail, first time I've ever hit a Pinky Diver - they are bonkers! Smile A very nice day and great to see so many new faces too!
VTK cheers

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

ClockworkOrange


Indeed, a good fun day. I'm very happy to join the BMGA President in the two time KO Champion club. Felt extremely weird going into the last round leading by 8 shots. My usual feeling in most tournaments going into the last round is what's the point in trying when it's impossible to win. Here it was more, what's the point in trying when I've pretty much won already. Meaning I found it extremely hard to maintain concentration as did Brad and Andy. Rendering the last round of a tournament completely unexciting was not a nice feeling. I much preferred last year's Kent Open when every hole in that last round was crucial. Fortunately, I don't think I will ever find myself leading a tournament by such a margin again. Very Happy

As I was told repeatedly during the Knowley Grail we have a new Kent Open Factoid: The winner of the Kent Open has never gone on to lift the Knowley Grail! Shocked

I'm looking forward to the Club Champs, will the Spitfires be gunned down?
Will it be an all Kent final? Will Ted play for the Kent third team? Will the CMGC get a team into the final? Smile

http://twitter.com/TardisType40

Freebird

avatar
Admin
IN record time, here's the report from the weekend:

http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/2012KO.htm

Couple of final notes:

1) Well played Seth - can't emphasise enough what a terrific victory it was. A top class field destroyed in 2 rounds - not seen that happen too often in the past

2) Andy, apologies about the Aces Champion 'oversight' - I blame the organiser (oh hang on, that's me!!). Rest assured your very own Celebrations will find their way to you eventually - doesn't understate the achievement of DG and at the very least after marshalling the Volcano on Saturday I think the VC deserved something for his efforts.

3) Club Champs announcement coming soon... cheers



Last edited by Freebird on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

TK Max


Congratulations Seth on a fantastic performance.

One small error in Michael's report - there were actually 5 dads out of 6 who beat their sons (TK Max, WMD, Perfect Pa, JPJ and Mark Wood) making it a real 'Fathers' Day'. The old ones are not finished yet Very Happy

The Natural

avatar
TK Max wrote:Congratulations Seth on a fantastic performance.

One small error in Michael's report - there were actually 5 dads out of 6 who beat their sons (TK Max, WMD, Perfect Pa, JPJ and Mark Wood) making it a real 'Fathers' Day'. The old ones are not finished yet Very Happy



Dad power Twisted Evil

AlienUK


I managed to beat my son too (even with a 50 thanks to a couple of mad 7s). He had a thoroughly fun time, even switching to Matleys whilst waiting for the leaders.

Mr X

avatar
Freebird wrote:IN record time, here's the report from the weekend:

http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/2012KO.htm

Couple of final notes:

1) Well played Seth - can't emphasise enough what a terrific victory it was. A top class field destroyed in 2 rounds - not seen that happen too often in the past

2) Andy, apologies about the Aces Champion 'oversight' - I blame the organiser (oh hang on, that's me!!). Rest assured your very own Celebrations will find their way to you eventually - doesn't understate the achievement of DG and at the very least after marshalling the Volcano on Saturday I think the VC deserved something for his efforts.

3) Club Champs announcement coming soon... cheers
Don't worry about it FB - my kids are still eating Halloween sweets! Very Happy











http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

ClockworkOrange


Good report Michael.
The key to a good performance in the Kent Open was clearly to have a practice round on Mateleys the day before as the top 3 did! Very Happy

http://twitter.com/TardisType40

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum