KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

A fond farewell to our boys from across the river...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Freebird

Admin
Cast your minds back to November 2012 and the KMGC saw some new faces from the badlands of Essex appear at the Kent Open. More recently, the British Open last year saw another new face arrive also from across the river.

Mark, Chris and Adrian have been great additions to our KMGC family and have been key members of our truly marvellous club.

But, to paraphrase, you can take the boy out of Essex but you can't take the Essex out of the boy.

And so the time has come for them to leave the nest of the KMGC and step out on their own into the unchartered lands of a new minigolf club.

It's great news that despite recent 'transfers' out the Cambridgeshire Minigolf Club, the CMGC are refusing to die and I am delighted to say that the CMGC and Essex are joining forces to create the CEMGC (or something similarly catchy!). As sad as it to see the the Eagle, The Natural and Breakdown leave I know that it will bring a new club to life and that can only be a good thing for everyone.

I’m sure the new club will prove to be a success.

So the British Open weekend saw Team Essex make their final bow for the KMGC who, along with Kent Player for the weekend, the CMGC's captain James Rutherford, produced some great results, to claim 5th place in the team event (just 1 point off Germany 2).

On behalf of all the KMGC I would like to wish the new club all the best and am sure they will be a bunch to reckon with in the years ahead.

As sad as it is to see the Essex Three leave, they are doing it for all the right reasons and I am sure they will be worthy adversaries in future events (just don't expect any mercy in November in the CC's!!)

ATB!

VTCE!

VTK!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Mr X

I echo FB's sentiments guys, I fully understand & despite the KMGC sadly losing some good blokes & very good players recently, healthy competition from different parts of the UK (albeit close to Kent in this case) can only be good for the sport. Nothing changes with regard to friendships, the CC's will be far more open & having teams with more galvanised players, new recruitment into the BMGA ranks would surely follow.

All the best CEMGC but you'll get your butt's kicked in November!
lol!

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

The Natural

Thank you both Sad

VTK

VTCE Twisted Evil

Mr X

The Natural wrote:Thank you both Sad

VTK

VTCE Twisted Evil
cheers

The Force

Most of you know my feelings about the decline of the club scene, as I have predicted and spoken about over the last few years, as well as my personal opinions about players joining clubs not local to them. Good for the individual's development, but not good for the collective game and spread of minigolf around the UK.

Having said that, for the new players based in Essex it was the most logical and closest option available to them. I am pleased that the KMGC has nurtured them to the point where they are now confident enough as a group of minigolfers to create something new with James' club.

I hope this will provide yet another timely boost to other inactive clubs and the players that are supposed to be running them to pull their finger out or let someone else do the job!

Good luck with the new venture and I hope to see your club grow and provide all important domestic competition in future.

Viva Team Kent! VTK! cheers

The Natural

The Force wrote:Most of you know my feelings about the decline of the club scene, as I have predicted and spoken about over the last few years, as well as my personal opinions about players joining clubs not local to them. Good for the individual's development, but not good for the collective game and spread of minigolf around the UK.

Having said that, for the new players based in Essex it was the most logical and closest option available to them. I am pleased that the KMGC has nurtured them to the point where they are now confident enough as a group of minigolfers to create something new with James' club.

I hope this will provide yet another timely boost to other inactive clubs and the players that are supposed to be running them to pull their finger out or let someone else do the job!

Good luck with the new venture and I hope to see your club grow and provide all important domestic competition in future.

Thanks COYS cheers

Sheila_Knowledge

The Natural wrote:
The Force wrote:Most of you know my feelings about the decline of the club scene, as I have predicted and spoken about over the last few years, as well as my personal opinions about players joining clubs not local to them. Good for the individual's development, but not good for the collective game and spread of minigolf around the UK.

Very well written piece, Marc. Being faithful to my local club was the main reason for me reviving Splash Point and then later creating Sussex Wasps back in January. I very nearly joined Planet Hastings, though. The friendships on tour are unlike anything I have experienced before and we are rivals in name only. A good club scene can only be positive for the future. The weekend just gone, I was involved in an open day at Splash Point, where I was on hand to give hints and tips to the public and talk about mini golf. I always wear my club top, which was a necessary investment for me, when playing as it generates a talking point.

I wish all clubs all the best for the future from all down here in Sussex at the Wasps.

Thanks  COYS cheers

Mr X

To be honest I think the club scene is more than likely going to be the best in the time I have played in the BMGA, it needs good people to galvanise existing players, be enthusiastic towards new players & move clubs forward.
We in Kent have been very lucky having Sean & Marion, now with Michael in the Midlands, a resurgent James at CEMGC & Steve at the Wasps, it covers a good area of the mainland now, which will be good for the sport overall. Just need to give Ted a boot up the botty, he's a great bloke but a lousy team captain haha!

VIVA BMGA CLUBS!

The Force

Mr X wrote:To be honest I think the club scene is more than likely going to be the best in the time I have played in the BMGA...

I agree - Let's hope these clubs turn out at more than one Club Championship! cheers

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum