KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The world crazies and kent open- where to stay and the kent open ball?

+7
Mr X
Freebird
AlienUK
tiger
The Natural
TK Max
Breakdown
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Breakdown

Hi Peeps

Where is the best place to stay in Hastings and Chislehurst please and I take it I can get the required "kent open" ball at the event?

Essex's newest Kent member

TK Max

Hi Adrian,
Welcome to the KMGC!
The Travelodge in Hastings usually has reasonably priced rooms, there is free parking on the street outside and it is about 10 minutes walk from the course (steep downhill past all the coffee shops for breakfast and steep uphill at the end of the day).
Don't know about Chiselhurst, I usually drive down for the day.
Tony

The Natural

The Natural

adrianamey wrote:Hi Peeps

Where is the best place to stay in Hastings and Chislehurst please and I take it I can get the required "kent open" ball at the event?

Hi Adrian,

Where are you travelling from?

4The world crazies  and kent open- where to stay and the kent open ball? Empty Thanks for that Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Breakdown

I am travelling down form Harlow Essex

tiger

tiger

first off welcome to the kmgc adrian . best place to stay for world crazies is the white rock hotel just along the seafront ten minutes from the course and they do a great evening meal menu and breakfast menu in the morning not sure on room prices check their website or phone up .failing that you have the travelodge in bohemia road about 15mins walk from the course uphill and down hill going back towards the course or even nearer to the course is the chatsworth hotel about 4-5 min walk away located on the seafront near the back of debenhams . and for the kent open there is a new travelodge now open on the sidcup bypass right on the course doorstep and regarding the kent ball you will recieve one included with your kent open entry money you should be able to pay for your kent open entry and recieve your ball at the world crazies . hope this helps

all the best tiger

The Natural

The Natural

Tiger knows what he's talking about re Hastings, regarding the Kent open, as it's a one dayer like TK i'll drive down in the morning.

The travelodge would seem to be your best bet though.

best wishes

mark

AlienUK

I stayed at the White Rock for the WAGM, this time we are at the Lansdowne. I moved as the Lansdowne is slightly cheaper and slightly closer. I am a peasant so usually have breakfast at McDs which is on the way.

The Travelodge in Sidcup is really the only option if you are staying down. I'd be tempted to drive though.

AlienUK

Re Tiger's comment about the Kent ball, I'm not sure if entry includes the ball, someone (TK Max?) I think asked that question in another post.

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Announcement on the KIT, Kent Open ball news and a few other KMGC tit bits coming shortly...

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

adrianamey wrote:Hi Peeps

Adrian - as you may have noticed, the KMGC have a entertaining habit of giving all members nicknames - some get them given, some come with pre-existing ones... but we all have them!

So, do you have a nickname for your minigolfing endeavours... or... would you rather the massed ranks of the KMGC put their heads together to come up with something suitable!!!

We've come up with some crackers in the past few years (Hole In One Kenobi being one of the stand out examples) - but you would ultimately have the final say...

Let the floodgates open;) 

Mr X

Mr X

Double A?

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

AlienUK

"Breakdown" or "Emergency Service"

The Gringo

The Gringo

A play on the double A
"Duracell"

The Gringo

The Gringo

Tow-par

DT

DT
Admin

Huh?!! What about TOWIK...The Only Way Is Kent?!! - from our Captain, not me!

HIOK

HIOK

Welcome Adrian!

The Lansdowne, The Lindum, Alexander's and the Chatsworth Hotel are all reasonable value/quality and close to the Hastings courses.

TK Max

[/quote]Adrian - as you may have noticed, the KMGC have a entertaining habit of giving all members nicknames - some get them given, some come with pre-existing ones... but we all have them!

So, do you have a nickname for your minigolfing endeavours... or... would you rather the massed ranks of the KMGC put their heads together to come up with something suitable!!!

[/quote]
Wine House

The Force

The Force

The Mole?

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Just when you think they can't get any worse,

they do Wink Rolling Eyes Laughing 

The Force

The Force

I was quite pleased with that...!Laughing 

Breakdown

Thanks Guys, for your warm welcome and all your useful comments around the accommodation. I will investigate those ideas.I think The Lindum was one I was looking at.I will probably be down on the Friday.
I think I will worry about the ball later.

as for a nicknames all well thought out "breakdown" did seem highly appropriate and did make me laugh all those short puts I was missing . And indeed "the mole" . mind you that must be an age thing but
I was wondering how I managed to get to a 66 tour ranking on my first outing and then i thought it must be down to the amount of Aces so it just sprung to mind . how about Adrian "Ace" Amey? What do you think? Has a nice ring to it? lol

The Natural

The Natural

nice Laughing 

The Force

The Force

Triple A!

Mr X

Mr X

how about Adrian "Ace" Amey?

Aceman wouldn't be happy to hear that, I suggested to him once that I should be Aceman as ACE are my initials, it didn't go down too well.
lol! 

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

The Force

The Force

I agree that the name Ace is already taken - There is only one Aceman in Minigolf history and that's Tim Davies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum