KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!


You are not connected. Please login or register

World Crazy Golf Championship - 27th & 28th October

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Freebird

avatar
Admin
The latest list of entrants for the WCGC's has been posted on line and can be found at http://www.bmga.co.uk/2012WCGC/result.htm

There are still places left so if you wish to enter then contact chairman@minigolf.org.uk ASAP to secure a place in the competition.

LATEST NEWS:

Rumours are rife that Sunday 28th will see the return of the KMGC Zombie Holocaust Classic - dare you take on the dreaded Bench Of Shame (©KMGC2010)??

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

TK Max


As I have to be at work on Friday 26 October, AK and I will be going down to Hastings for some practice next weekend.

Saturday 20 October - practice
Sunday 21 October - a 'fake' crazies tournament including a crazy crazy round

Does anyone else fancy joining us?

Freebird

avatar
Admin
TK Max wrote:As I have to be at work on Friday 26 October, AK and I will be going down to Hastings for some practice next weekend.

Saturday 20 October - practice
Sunday 21 October - a 'fake' crazies tournament including a crazy crazy round

Does anyone else fancy joining us?
I'm over at the Barnet tournament on Saturday so much as I would like to get the practice it's not possible.

Maybe will pop down on the Sunday as long as it's not too early a start!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

TK Max


Shall we say a 10.30am start on Sunday? That should give time for people to travel down on the day but also time to play 7 rounds before dark.

tiger

avatar
hi tony count me in i will be there looking foward to it Very Happy

Mr X

avatar
Have fun with the new ball, especially on Hole 8! affraid

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

AK47

avatar
2012 unofficial Fake World Crazy Golf Championship results...

Adam: 35+38+37+37+37+36+36= +4
Tony: 37+37+35+39+39+38+35= +8
Alex: 43+41+36+37+41+38+42= +26
Michael: 33+38+34+37+33+36+37= -4
James: 38+32+35+33+34+36+36= -8
Ted: DNS+DNS+DNS+DNS+DNS+DNS+38= +2
so James wins, with Michael 2nd and Ted (dubiously) 3rd.

The Force

avatar
Had my first day of practice in Hastings for a few hours today in the presence of Praggers (what a friendly chap!)

Wow - what a different course...

New felt on all but 4,5,6,7,17 now, metal cups and rims on all holes a la Sidcup, and new course balls that very in bounce from what i've experienced.

Will all championship balls be tested to ensure every player receives the same type, and maybe they could be control marked and distributed on the first morning?

Freebird

avatar
Admin
The Force wrote:
Will all championship balls be tested to ensure every player receives the same type, and maybe they could be control marked and distributed on the first morning?

No - not going to happen.

All players who are serious about competing will have had plenty of practice in the run up to the competition to work out which type of ball/bounce they want to use come the weekend. The tournament tees off at 9.30am so I am absolutely sure everyone will be able to find a ball that has the required properties before their tee time.

The intention is to move the event back to its true roots - the way the tournament was originally played - and let's be honest, I don't recall anyone being that concerned about the non-pro's over the past couple of years who just turn up and take whatever ball they are given.

I would expect any player worth their salt on the tour to be able to pick a few balls up first thing on Saturday morning and after a couple of sample bounces/putts be able to work out which one suits their play.

No doubt there will be players who blame the balls, the felt, the cups, the weather, etc, etc if things don't go their way at the weekend. But the best player over the 7 rounds will win irrespective of all the above.

I am looking forward to the competition and it will be fascinating to see how we have all done come 4pm on Sunday!!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Mr X

avatar
Is the rumour that we all have to use Hand-Made-By-Phil-Botto putters next year correct FB?
lol!

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

Freebird

avatar
Admin
Its either that or course putters…

Had a few rounds with Mr X earlier and a few with Perfect Parr. Nice way to spend a morning.

Alex is lOoking in pretty good form - lots of aces - so his practise regime is clearly working.

Not sure what all the fuss is about re the balls and cups. That said the new felt on 8 and 13 provides an interesting challenge!

See you all at the course fri or sat.

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Mr X

avatar
Freebird wrote:Its either that or course putters…

Had a few rounds with Mr X earlier and a few with Perfect Parr. Nice way to spend a morning.

Alex is lOoking in pretty good form - lots of aces - so his practise regime is clearly working.

Not sure what all the fuss is about re the balls and cups. That said the new felt on 8 and 13 provides an interesting challenge!

See you all at the course fri or sat.
Er... in that case can I have one of Phils? Smile The new felt can be described as interesting, must remember to eat a big breakfast on saturday!

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

Freebird

avatar
Admin
Mr X wrote:
Freebird wrote:Its either that or course putters…

Had a few rounds with Mr X earlier and a few with Perfect Parr. Nice way to spend a morning.

Alex is lOoking in pretty good form - lots of aces - so his practise regime is clearly working.

Not sure what all the fuss is about re the balls and cups. That said the new felt on 8 and 13 provides an interesting challenge!

See you all at the course fri or sat.
Er... in that case can I have one of Phils? Smile The new felt can be described as interesting, must remember to eat a big breakfast on saturday!
I'm thinking a bowl of spinach might be needed to ensure the muscles are upto the task of whacking the ball through the new felt/carpet on 8 and 13 in particular!! lol!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Freebird

avatar
Admin
Dare you watch the most shocking minigolf related zombie movie ever!!!!

Most notable for the first appearance of the dreaded Bench Of Shame (©️KMGC2010) - check out from 19 mins and 20 seconds for the debut of this monstrous foe...

And also from 22 minutes when the laughter almost stopped due to the camcorder nearly meeting it's doom!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

VTK!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

The Gringo

avatar
I had forgot about the cheap shot by the little one CLASSIC!

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

HIOK

avatar
Scott's words on Facebook sums it up perfectly, especially point 4:

So after this years edition of the World Crazy Golf Championship what have we learnt about the KMGC player's.....
1. Michael S confirmed why he is UK number 1 by retaining the trophy. Congratulations
2. Adam and Captain Sean place in the top six and also well done to Andy and Will for making it into the final Crazy 18.
3. Losing out on the final 18 and £50 can be hard to take for Scott, Tony, Marc, Alex and Dave but we salute you.
4. Marion is awesome and where would Kent and the BMGA be without her?

DT

avatar
Admin
Hi All,

After Scott's post on FB and Michael's reiteration on here last night I feel I should comment -

Yes, I do a good job on the day, but that's the easy bit - by then all the hard work has already been done!

Sean has spent the last 12 months working on the WCGC - the format, how it'll be done on the day, when to open it up, liaising with the course, and ensuring you all have a great experience etc, so I really don't think I deserve your compliments.

It's his hard work, time and efforts - not just for this tournament, but for every one you've competed in this year (with the exception of Planet Hastings, Midlands Open, Selfridges and the HIOK Masters) that make the events run so well on the day and ensure you all have a great experience - irrespective of where you personaly finish!

Remember this - he's always thinking about what could happen during the tournament, even whilst playing - so to go from 13th after day one at the WCGCs, to 5th at the end - how fantastic is that?

So whilst I am grateful you appreciate my efforts - and let's face it I'm a much better administrator than minigolfer(!) - please ensure you recognise the work Sean puts in every day - and a lot of evenings on your behalf.

The Gringo

avatar
Very true Marion, silent
I apologise for not adding Sean to the bottom comment too. Perhaps it's testament to Sean how much many of the BMGA can take for granted both during and after the event, the hours upon hours of prep Sean has put in and he never seeks for plaudits.
To me it has always been clear that Sean has a great vision as a player how tournaments should be run and with the years of minigolf people like Andy and Ted have experienced I'm sure they have seen the evolution of the tournaments in the hands of Sean and yourself.
I would hope that Sean can pass on his skills and experiences in planning and preparing tournaments to the members of the EC and others who want to get involved before it's too late!?

I really appreciate the years of service to the BMGA (and KMGC) Sean has put in. CHEERS bounce drunken

Mr X

avatar
Donkey Gringo wrote:Very true Marion, silent
I apologise for not adding Sean to the bottom comment too. Perhaps it's testament to Sean how much many of the BMGA can take for granted both during and after the event, the hours upon hours of prep Sean has put in and he never seeks for plaudits.
To me it has always been clear that Sean has a great vision as a player how tournaments should be run and with the years of minigolf people like Andy and Ted have experienced I'm sure they have seen the evolution of the tournaments in the hands of Sean and yourself.
I would hope that Sean can pass on his skills and experiences in planning and preparing tournaments to the members of the EC and others who want to get involved before it's too late!?

I really appreciate the years of service to the BMGA (and KMGC) Sean has put in. CHEERS bounce drunken
Spot on DG - The BMGA was incredibly badly run until FB & DT got involved, most people simply do not realise the work that's been involved in making things much better for all, they just play in well run tournaments blissfully unaware & happy. There hasn't been anything to moan about, a few years back we never knew if a competition was on until a week or two before it. Marion's role in the advancement of the BMGA as we all know cannot be understated either - they will be a hard act to follow.
And as for FB playing to the standard he did whilst dealing with Tournament organsation - Marion is spot on too - simply awesome and right up there with Michael's super achievements!
cheers



Last edited by Mr X on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

Mr X

avatar
P.s If anyone finds my head, can I have it back? I lost it in Round 2 at the weekend. clown

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

Freebird

avatar
Admin
The 2 time World Crazy Golf Champion's report of the 2012 World Crazy Golf Championship:

http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/2012WCGC.htm

Makes better reading for some than others!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Wink Rolling Eyes Laughing cheers affraid drunken Sleep

VTK!!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum