KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Empty 2012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:55 pm

The Force

The Force

I'm starting to look at registering interest for a squad of British players (both Men and Women) for next year's WMF events:

WAGM - Hosted somewhere in the World sometime next year. There will be a minimum requirement of 2 practice days pre-event at the venue.

Nations Cup - Porto, Portugal on 26/27 May 2012. There will be a minimum requirement of 2 practice days pre-event in Porto.

European Minigolf Championships - Porto, Portugal between 29 Sept - 1 Sept 2012. There will be a minimum requirement of 5 practice days pre-event in Porto.

As with the 2011 selection, the BMGA National Team Selection Policy shall apply. At this stage no selection date has been set.

Squad Selection Criteria:

• A British National and hold a valid Full British Passport.
• Able to cover any personal expenses connected with being part of the National Team, in full.
• Available for selection for the minimum of two WMF International Tournaments in the year.
• Available to participate in Official Team training sessions arranged throughout the season.
• In good standing with the BMGA (A Tour Pro Member).
• Ideally a Category I player with previous experience on the chosen playing surfaces.

If you think that you fulfill the requirements above then register your interest officially via e-mail: development (at '@') minigolf.org.uk (you can informally post a reply on here too if you like!)

22012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Empty Re: 2012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:56 pm

The Force

The Force

Well I'm in.... cheers

32012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Empty Re: 2012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:37 pm

AK47

AK47

The Force wrote:As with the 2011 selection, the BMGA National Team Selection Policy shall apply. At this stage no selection date has been set.

Squad Selection Criteria:

• A British National and hold a valid Full British Passport.
• Able to cover any personal expenses connected with being part of the National Team, in full.
• Available for selection for the minimum of two WMF International Tournaments in the year.
• Available to participate in Official Team training sessions arranged throughout the season.
• In good standing with the BMGA (A Tour Pro Member).
• Ideally a Category I player with previous experience on the chosen playing surfaces.

I assume the selection date will be after the AGM so that the selection criteria can be discussed and changed if necessary before the teams are selected?

42012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Empty Re: 2012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:05 pm

The Force

The Force

Criteria not changing from 2011. Selection date will be finalised at AGM for not long after. This will allow for cheap bookings and flights etc.

52012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Empty Re: 2012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:17 am

Mr X

Mr X

2012 WAGM - Hosted somewhere in the World sometime next year

No sh*t Sherlock.

P.s. I also heard that the World Crazy Golf Championship is in Hastings in 2012.
lol!

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

62012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Empty Re: 2012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:01 pm

AK47

AK47

The Force wrote:Criteria not changing from 2011. Selection date will be finalised at AGM for not long after. This will allow for cheap bookings and flights etc.

Surely if somebody at the AGM suggests a change to the selection criteria which is then voted through, it will be changing from 2011?

72012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Empty Re: 2012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:35 am

Mr X

Mr X

AK47 wrote:
The Force wrote:Criteria not changing from 2011. Selection date will be finalised at AGM for not long after. This will allow for cheap bookings and flights etc.

Surely if somebody at the AGM suggests a change to the selection criteria which is then voted through, it will be changing from 2011?
The ideals of Democracy would say yes to that AK.

BTW: Available to participate in Official Team training sessions arranged throughout the season.

When did they occur this season? If that is part of an official criteria from last season I would like to know when & where they were. After being overlooked for the WAGM team due to my not being able to play abroad (yes I am still very pissed off about it) I would like to find out who out of the teams selected, attended them, if any!

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

82012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Empty Re: 2012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:45 am

The Force

The Force

AK47 wrote:

The criteria was put in place by me to ensure we get a group of players that are committed to the GB Team at all International events for a calendar year. This ensures that we can focus our limited resources, such as sponsorship and coaching, into as compact a squad of players as possible with the targets of improving perfomances of individuals and the team as a whole. This will have to be even more the case in 2012 as I personally invested money last year in subsidising the team to ensure a strong start to the GB Team 're-launch' after a few years absence at WMF events.
It must also be noted that anyone can register their interest initially as the criteria is not the be-all-and-end-all, it just helps me with the process of selection.
It is also not first come first serve - just letting people know that I'd like to hear if they're interested in being involved or not for 2012. I think people saw the benefits of being involved last year and how those GB players improved domestically as well.

Last edited by The Force on Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

92012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Empty Re: 2012 Great Britain Minigolf Squad Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:51 am

The Force

The Force

Mr X wrote:
BTW: Available to participate in Official Team training sessions arranged throughout the season.

When did they occur this season? If that is part of an official criteria from last season I would like to know when & where they were. After being overlooked for the WAGM team due to my not being able to play abroad (yes I am still very pissed off about it) I would like to find out who out of the teams selected, attended them, if any!

These were the training sessions held pre-event last year and after each days play, team briefings included.

This year I am arranging overseas training on top. These will hopefully be available to any BMGA member that is interested, as well for the GB squad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum