KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

marathon

+3
HIOK
Mr X
AK47
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26marathon - Page 2 Empty Re: marathon Sun May 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Mr X

Mr X

HIOK wrote:Thank you for the good luck messages.

7 hours of minigolf, a 3.5 hour journey back, not getting in until 1AM, a Mcdonalds evening meal and just five hours sleep are probably not ideal preparations on the day before a marathon.

But the run went well. Conditions were good and I really enjoyed the first half of the marathon then it got much harder. The final 7 miles were horrible. But it’s done now. I finished in 3 hours, 42 minutes and 4 seconds.

See you all soon.
Super run Michael, welcome to the sub -4 club! cheers cheers cheers

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

27marathon - Page 2 Empty Re: marathon Sun May 08, 2011 7:28 pm

AK47

AK47

Well done Michael, absolutely hammered me... Embarassed

Seemed like a very hot and humid day to be running a marathon too, congratulations Very Happy

28marathon - Page 2 Empty Re: marathon Sun May 08, 2011 7:43 pm

TK Max

Congratulations Michael on a great achievement and a very good time for a first marathon.

I trust you will have recovered in time for the WAGM Smile

29marathon - Page 2 Empty Re: marathon Sun May 08, 2011 9:38 pm

HIOK

HIOK

AK47 wrote:Well done Michael, absolutely hammered me... Embarassed

Seemed like a very hot and humid day to be running a marathon too, congratulations Very Happy

Thank you all for your kind words.

I’ve just got so much respect for anyone who has ever completed a marathon, especially a first time marathon because you need so much willpower and mental strength in those last few miles. I think got incredibly lucky to get the time I did, especially with the awful preparation.

Adam – Your time was phenomenal. It’s unfair to compare it to anyone else’s. Just to finish when you’re so young and your body is still growing was a fantastic achievement.

I’m expecting to be a little stiff for a few days but mentally I feel fresh and will be 100% ready to go on Wednesday Morning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum