KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 KIT 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: KIT 2011   Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Well done to all players today, some fantastic scoring given the two month break from outdoor play.
Marc, great win, magnificent scoring & no dropped shots all day, even in the dreaded Crazy round. I should've shuffled the H into your group to mix things up a bit! Speaking of him, thanks to Sean, Ted, Marion & Anna for playing with us both, he is slowly getting better, I'm desperately trying to prevent Rocky II! lol!
VTK!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Mr X wrote:
Well done to all players today, some fantastic scoring given the two month break from outdoor play.
Marc, great win, magnificent scoring & no dropped shots all day, even in the dreaded Crazy round. I should've shuffled the H into your group to mix things up a bit! Speaking of him, thanks to Sean, Ted, Marion & Anna for playing with us both, he is slowly getting better, I'm desperately trying to prevent Rocky II! lol!
VTK!
Some brilliant scoring all round indeed... just looking at the stats it shows how strong the competition in the club is getting. I dropped just 3 shots and shot 2 rounds sub 36 and finish a distant 5th, 12 shots behind the Force.

The KIT details for this year will be uploaded and put onto the website and the forum 'soon' Wink

I am putting together the finishing touches of the BMGA New Years Honours list at the moment and this will go live (including the results from the Season Only Rankings, the 2010 honours list along with the details of the 14 events confirmed for 2011 - BMGA not KMGC) on Wednesday this week (on the official site and via the BMGA newsletter).
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:39 am

Freebird wrote:
Mr X wrote:
Well done to all players today, some fantastic scoring given the two month break from outdoor play.
Marc, great win, magnificent scoring & no dropped shots all day, even in the dreaded Crazy round. I should've shuffled the H into your group to mix things up a bit! Speaking of him, thanks to Sean, Ted, Marion & Anna for playing with us both, he is slowly getting better, I'm desperately trying to prevent Rocky II! lol!
VTK!
Some brilliant scoring all round indeed... just looking at the stats it shows how strong the competition in the club is getting. I dropped just 3 shots and shot 2 rounds sub 36 and finish a distant 5th, 12 shots behind the Force.

The KIT details for this year will be uploaded and put onto the website and the forum 'soon' Wink

I am putting together the finishing touches of the BMGA New Years Honours list at the moment and this will go live (including the results from the Season Only Rankings, the 2010 honours list along with the details of the 14 events confirmed for 2011 - BMGA not KMGC) on Wednesday this week (on the official site and via the BMGA newsletter).
Nice one FB! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:42 pm

'Soon' is nearly upon us...

Hoping to get the KIT info uploaded onto the website later this week.

Looking forward to a cracking 2011 KIT!

VTK
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:40 pm

Freebird wrote:
'Soon' is nearly upon us...

Hoping to get the KIT info uploaded onto the website later this week.

Looking forward to a cracking 2011 KIT!

VTK
Nice one FB!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
The Gringo



Posts : 579
Join date : 2009-05-23
Location : Planet Thanet

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:57 pm

So Sean,

Whats happening with the KIT this year then?
Back to top Go down
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Donkey Gringo wrote:
So Sean,

Whats happening with the KIT this year then?
Sorry for the delay in getting this confirmed but the main BMGA tour calendar has been taking up pretty much all of my time at present (finishing off at present).

The KIT is 99% ready - just need to sort out one final bit - then it will be launched!!
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:32 pm

OK everyone - the 2011 is KIT is on!!

Following on from the successful 2010 format, the KIT has been tweaked and revised to be even more competitive and it promises to be a cracker.

Phase 1: 5 courses, 5 rounds that count.

Phase 2: Two round shoot out the day before the KO.

Details, including the updated scores from the Cup Cake Classic can be found at:

http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/Kent%20Invitational%202011.htm

KIT day news to follow
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Superb FB! Looking forward to having a few rounds at Bluewater & of course the return of Strokes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Mr X wrote:
Superb FB! Looking forward to having a few rounds at Bluewater & of course the return of Strokes! Very Happy
Strokes opens for 2011 on 2nd April - I know we will all be down there the following week for the Masters but it would be good to have a KIT day the weekend of the opening - any preferences for the Sat or the Sun?

Prices for BMGA members will be £3 for 1 round, £2 for any subsequent rounds and £11 for a day rate (£10 day rate for the day before the Masters)
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
The Force



Posts : 1116
Join date : 2009-05-22
Location : Canterbury

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:35 pm

My birthday on 4th April - so maybe Sunday for Duel on the Felt II? (2 rounds then Matchplay final).
Back to top Go down
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Sunday would be preferable for me but possibly Saturday would be ok! Hopefully the weather will be nice & there's no better place to be than Strokes in the sun!
Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:49 pm

The Force wrote:
My birthday on 4th April - so maybe Sunday for Duel on the Felt II? (2 rounds then Matchplay final).
Perhaps we can nudge it up to 3 rounds (mirror the Masters format the following week)? Either day good for me (Sunday sounds good though).
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
HIOK



Posts : 486
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 31
Location : Oxford

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Excellent news. Great idea about reducing phase 1 to 5 rounds.
Sunday would be better for me.
Back to top Go down
The Force



Posts : 1116
Join date : 2009-05-22
Location : Canterbury

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Freebird wrote:
The Force wrote:
My birthday on 4th April - so maybe Sunday for Duel on the Felt II? (2 rounds then Matchplay final).
Perhaps we can nudge it up to 3 rounds (mirror the Masters format the following week)? Either day good for me (Sunday sounds good though).

Marvellous! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TK Max



Posts : 272
Join date : 2009-11-23
Age : 55
Location : Cambridge

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:30 pm

This looks great - really looking forward to returning to Strokes, defending my course record at Sidcup and visiting Bluewater for the first time Smile

I like the new format with just one round on each of the five courses.

It would be great to have a KIT day on 2/3 April and get in some early practice for the Masters but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make that weekend. Saturday is the start of the cricket season and I want to hit the ground running with my umpiring so I will probably be making my debut as an official that day pale

Sunday would be better but it is a long drive and it is Mother's Day so I suspect that AK47 will have important domestic duties to carry out Smile
Back to top Go down
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:44 pm

Well it looks like Sunday 3rd April would be a good day for the KMGC's return to Strokes.

A spot of practice perhaps to blow away our cobwebs and re-aquaint ourselves with the course followed by The Duel in the Felt 2011 - a 3 round strokeplay event culminating in the matchplay shoot out would be great.

I'm pretty sure we have the poll for the holes somewhere on the forum...
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
The Gringo



Posts : 579
Join date : 2009-05-23
Location : Planet Thanet

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Played at Pirates cove (Smugglers course) today:

I scored a Kit round of 37.....

Played also with Jack "Bloody" Marshall, Harrison "Hurricane" Marshall and G.I.Joe Marshall. Harrison and Jack scored at least one round of 50 but Joe fell 3 shots shy of 50.
Back to top Go down
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:36 am

Donkey Gringo wrote:
Played at Pirates cove (Smugglers course) today:

I scored a Kit round of 37.....

Played also with Jack "Bloody" Marshall, Harrison "Hurricane" Marshall and G.I.Joe Marshall. Harrison and Jack scored at least one round of 50 but Joe fell 3 shots shy of 50.
Another Hurricane! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Just a quick one regarding KIT rounds at Strokes.

Any of the KMGC rounds tomorrow at the Masters can count towards your Strokes KIT score - given 8 of us are playing and it's unlikely that we will all be there again for a while this seems the fairest way of ensuring everyone gets a chance at banging in a good score.
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Just looked at the updated table, I'd better get up the Green sometime! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:55 pm

If anyone's heading up to Sidcup, they've increased the BMGA daily rate to £5.50.
Still top quality VFM but don't turn up with only a tenner like I did with the Hurricane! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Latest updated KIT table:

http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/Kent%20Invitational%202011.htm

VERY close at the top - just one stroke would seperate the top 3 if the KIT final starts with these stats.

Need to pull together the Fake Crazies if at all possible to finalise the table before the KIT / KO weekend...
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:32 pm

Freebird wrote:
Latest updated KIT table:

http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/Kent%20Invitational%202011.htm

VERY close at the top - just one stroke would seperate the top 3 if the KIT final starts with these stats.

Need to pull together the Fake Crazies if at all possible to finalise the table before the KIT / KO weekend...
I'd better get up to the Green then....oh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:59 pm

With the lack of a Fake Crazies this year all KIT players will be able to take their lowest round from the forthcoming WCGC's towards their phase 1 total. Not everyone will be able to practice on the Friday so this is the fairest way of giving everyone a chance to better their Cup Cake Classic scores.

The KIT itself will tee off on Saturday 12th on the Explorers course (2 rounds added onto the rounded up/down average from the KIT phase 1).

Looks like the KIT could well be the decider for 2011 in terms of the top ranking places!!!

Current (adjusted) scores that would be taken into the final on the 12th:

1 Sean 'Freebird' HOMER 32
1 Michael 'Hole In One Kenobi' SMITH 32
3 Adam 'AK47' KELLY 33
4 Marc 'The Force' CHAPMAN 35
4 Tony 'TK Max' KELLY 35
6 Andy 'Mr X' EXALL 37
6 James RUTHERFORD (guest) 37
8 Marion 'Double Trouble' HOMER 39
9 Scott 'Donkey Gringo' LANCLEY 40
10 Nick SANDQVIST (guest) 41
10 Chris SMITH (guest) 43
12 Paul JOHNSON (guest) 44
12 John McIver (guest) 44
13 David DONNELLY (guest) 46
15 Julio KENT (guest) 47
15 Matty 'The Hurricane' EXALL 47
15 Owen JOHNSON (guest) 47
18 Giuseppe RUGGIERO (guest) 48
18 Will DONNELLY (guest) 48
18 Seth THOMAS (guest) 48
21 Anna 'Fizzy' GREEN 50
21 Harrison 'Hurricane' MARSHALL 50
21 Jack 'Bloody' MARSHALL 50
21 'G.I.' Joe MARSHALL 50
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: KIT 2011   Today at 8:59 am

Back to top Go down
 
KIT 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Vanfest 2011 - Sept 9, 10, 11 - Great Malvern
» 2011 f2 world final
» Genetrix 2011
» Daytona WinterJam 2011
» Sunday 2 January 2011

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KMGC :: KMGC Forum :: Welcome to the KMGC Forum :: KMGC competitions-
Jump to: