KMGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!

You are not connected. Please login or register

2010 British Open

+3
The Gringo
Mr X
Freebird
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

12010 British Open Empty 2010 British Open Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:12 am

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

The field is starting to fill up nicely - we've just had the Swedish contingent confirmed so we are upto 30 players so far (and as you will see there are a lot of the usual suspects not in the mix yet).

So definitely worth getting applications off ASAP to guarantee your place (we have myself, AK, TK & the Force confirmed - best to drop the organisers - you know who we are!! - a line ASAP to secure your place).

VTK!

http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk

22010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:The field is starting to fill up nicely - we've just had the Swedish contingent confirmed so we are upto 30 players so far (and as you will see there are a lot of the usual suspects not in the mix yet).

So definitely worth getting applications off ASAP to guarantee your place (we have myself, AK, TK & the Force confirmed - best to drop the organisers - you know who we are!! - a line ASAP to secure your place).

VTK!

Put me down FB & DT, I'll send the Paypal payment tonight! Ta! Very Happy

http://www.whufc.com/page/Home

32010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:00 am

The Gringo

The Gringo

sean
can you please put me on the list for the BO
i.ll pay around the 24th paypal.
cheers
DG

42010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:59 pm

AK47

AK47

not sure what sort of condition im going to be in at the BO as i have broken my collarbone Sad

ive tried swinging a putter and at the moment it is very painful to do so but hopefully in a weeks time i should be slightly better, if not i might be playing one handed Wink

52010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

AK47 wrote:not sure what sort of condition im going to be in at the BO as i have broken my collarbone Sad
What happened?

62010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Mr X

Mr X

AK47 wrote:not sure what sort of condition im going to be in at the BO as i have broken my collarbone Sad

ive tried swinging a putter and at the moment it is very painful to do so but hopefully in a weeks time i should be slightly better, if not i might be playing one handed Wink
Unlucky AK, I saw a lot of broken collar bones when I used to race motcross bikes, very painful by the look of it. Can you play that guitar one handed too? Smile

72010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:19 pm

AK47

AK47

it was playing football Mad

and yehh andy strangely enough i can play the guitar with little pain Suspect

82010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Mr X

Mr X

AK47 wrote:it was playing football Mad

and yehh andy strangely enough i can play the guitar with little pain Suspect
Bring your guitar & rock the BO! Smile

92010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:57 pm

HIOK

HIOK

Bad luck AK. We'll cross our fingers and hope you get better soon. An injury can improve a lot in a week. lol!

Football is dangerous at the best at times, even when played fairly which isn't very often. Mind you with John Moore's and Chris Harding's injuries/ilnesses, not to mention Tim's back, perhaps minigolf needs to be classed as a dangerous sport? Maybe the stress it puts on the body and minds leads to injuries further down the line?

102010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:10 am

Mr X

Mr X

HIOK wrote:Bad luck AK. We'll cross our fingers and hope you get better soon. An injury can improve a lot in a week. lol!

Football is dangerous at the best at times, even when played fairly which isn't very often. Mind you with John Moore's and Chris Harding's injuries/ilnesses, not to mention Tim's back, perhaps minigolf needs to be classed as a dangerous sport? Maybe the stress it puts on the body and minds leads to injuries further down the line?
Don't forget Jo's back too HIOK, that's been nasty for a while now. I myself have suffered a minigolf injury, during the (very wet) WCGC's a couple of years back I slipped on the wet concrete on the windmill hole as I lined up to play & strained an adductor muscle. My brothers were very sympathetic. lol!

112010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:26 pm

The Force

The Force

God....just seen this...I'm so sorry Adam. Hope ur able to sort things out by next week but by my experience of these things it hurts like hell!!

Seems like all Spurs players/fans are getting injured at the moment...think I've broken my middle toe....owwww!

122010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:03 pm

AK47

AK47

seems like i should be fine afterall Very Happy just spent an afternon at the green and the injury seemed to have little effect on my game, even got a 33 (almost certainly the course record for someone with a broken collarbone, maybe UK record, possibly even world record for an 18 hole round Wink ) really looking forward to next weekend Smile

132010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:04 pm

AK47

AK47

oh i forgot, also... tony scored a 31 Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation bounce bounce bounce

142010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:36 pm

HIOK

HIOK

That's good news about the injury. And well played both of you.

152010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:59 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Evening all.

I've just sent out the Players Pack for the BO so if you can check your emails and let me know if you have received it (or not).

The draw for the first round has also been made:

9.30 Torgny Kjellström Ruth Bullin Oliver Florence
9.35 Anthony Pope Johan Ahlander Nigel Keal
9.40 Steve Gow Maths Svensson Andy Matthews
9.45 Michael Smith Karsten Hein Paul Moore
9.50 Adam Kelly Jouni Valkjärvi Roy Harper
9.55 Scott Lancley Kjell Henriksson Ian Sleight
10.00 Gareth Holmes Norbert Rehfeld Geoff Bowen
10.05 Peter Emmerson Lutz Brune Peter Parr
10.10 Chris Jones Leif Öhrling Russell Dent
10.15 Tony Kelly Marie Israelsson David Gomm
10.20 John McIver Mattias Ståhl Rob Dodd
10.25 Andy Exall Eirik Seljelid Stephen Smith (novice)
10.30 Alan Norman Marcus Wüthrich Helen Heald (novice)
10.35 Richard Gottfried Lucia Schibli Owen Johnson
10.40 Brad Shepherd Eduard Schibli Curran Annetts (novice)
10.45 Tim Davies Paul Johnson Freddie Blackburn-Shaw
10.50 Sean Homer Terry Exall Alastair Shaw
10.55 Nick Chitty James Trubridge Gareth Garner (novice)
11.00 Marc Chapman Rocky Bullin Simon Palmer (novice)

Full details are in the pack - see you all next weekend!!!

162010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:24 pm

HIOK

HIOK

Got it, thanks Sean.

I cannot wait. It will be an amzing weekend.

172010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

HIOK wrote:Got it, thanks Sean.

Excellent.

Have had a look at the weather forecast and it looks like we are in for a nice weekend weatherwise - sunny, warm, with perhaps the odd shower on Friday for the PC's. Interestingly when looking at Sunday, the weather looks great but there appears to be a slight glitch in the the Metcheck system because it is saying that the wind speed will be 257 mph with 308 mph gusts.

Apart from this it looks very pleasant Rolling Eyes Wink cheers cheers

182010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:04 am

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:

Excellent.

Have had a look at the weather forecast and it looks like we are in for a nice weekend weatherwise - sunny, warm, with perhaps the odd shower on Friday for the PC's. Interestingly when looking at Sunday, the weather looks great but there appears to be a slight glitch in the the Metcheck system because it is saying that the wind speed will be 257 mph with 308 mph gusts.

Sod the minigolf, get the kites out! lol!

192010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

Mr X wrote:
Freebird wrote:

Excellent.

Andy, presumably Tel is still playing at the weekend? He's one of only a handfull of players not to confirm receipt of the players pack - can you give him a friendly 'nudge'!!

202010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Freebird wrote:
Mr X wrote:
Freebird wrote:

Excellent.

Andy, presumably Tel is still playing at the weekend? He's one of only a handfull of players not to confirm receipt of the players pack - can you give him a friendly 'nudge'!!
Ok Sean, no surprise there! If you said you got a pound back if you replied early he'd have been first in.
I think he may still be at Clambers looking for that 10p! lol!

Just saw him Sean, he said his email bounced back. Yeah right.
Anyway he said he was pleased to see Marc drawn with Rocky for some reason.

212010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Freebird

Freebird
Admin

STOP PRESS:

There are 2 final slots available in the British Open field if anyone wants to throw their hat into the ring at the 11th hour.

There will be a slight re-jig of the final groups to make up a new 20th (and final) group.

If you haven't entered and want the chance to compete in the flagship event of the year then please contact chairman@minigolf.org.uk ASAP. £35 entry for BMGA members, £40 for non members, £15 for juniors.

222010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:50 pm

The Force

The Force

Have you re-jigged things?

232010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:23 pm

The Gringo

The Gringo

To all Team KENT
All the best for the next 3 days

VTK

DG

242010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Mr X

Mr X

Great weekend with many highs & a few lows!
Highs:
The KMGC strength is really coming on, some super performances from Michael, Marc & Sean, also a still improving Adam winning the Junior title. Marion & Emily's organisation with Sean really is second to none and the standard all organisers aspire to - many thanks! Wink
The overseas players, always welcome & great to watch & play with.
Torgny's succsessful shot on the first hole with my 3d putter, also Norbert slagging off the putter whilst standing next to me! lol!

Lows:
My first two rounds - 0oops!
Scott losing the playoff to get into the final - The KMGC felt your pain DG but great stuff all weekend, deserved to get in! Wink
The thought that that course is making way for Laser Gun games - shocking! affraid

252010 British Open Empty Re: 2010 British Open Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:18 pm

The Gringo

The Gringo

So Team Kent
Finishes:
1st: For organisation and Admin (Well done Marion)

4th -Michael winning the playoff nice ace on Hole 2
5th -Marc great play again, oh where did that ball go??????
7th -Sean maybe dipping your feet in Teds unholy water wasn't such a bad thing....
12th -Andy great rounds once you found the the aces after THAT! round.. (& Cheers for you know when)
19th- Me-great weekend hope to build on this
25th- Tony winning the Kelly battle by 1 stroke! and a 37.5 ave
27th- Adam British junior champion

All of us in the top 15 of finishing BMGA players......

VTK

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum