KMGC

Welcome to the official forum of the Kent Minigolf Club! Our mission is simple.... to promote minigolf in the South East and ensure as many people as possible get involved in this fun game!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Duel on the Felt 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Force



Posts : 1116
Join date : 2009-05-22
Location : Canterbury

PostSubject: Duel on the Felt 2010   Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:10 am

Clambers @ noon, Monday 5th April.

£10 day rate for all. Bring food and drink for the celebration!

2 rounds strokeplay - top 2 players with lowest cumulative score play-off with a 9 hole duel.

See you there!

The Force
Back to top Go down
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:17 am

The Force wrote:
Clambers @ noon, Monday 5th April.

£10 day rate for all. Bring food and drink for the celebration!

2 rounds strokeplay - top 2 players with lowest cumulative score play-off with a 9 hole duel.

See you there!

The Force
Looking forward to it - should be a great day!
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
HIOK



Posts : 486
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 31
Location : Oxford

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:41 am

Awesome! Great work Force, well done.

I look forward to seeing you all on the 5th.
Back to top Go down
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:19 pm

New version of the DOTF Planet Hastings scorecard on your email FB! Wink
Myself & The Hurricane will probably be there 11ish, so if anyone wants a round where I show them Aceman's lines, feel free to join us! Later in the year I'll recreate his notes for the BO etc & pass 'em around.
I can't wait to get back there again, in the absence of Strokes it's a great alternative!
Hole 10 - Death or Glory! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:38 pm

Mr X wrote:
New version of the DOTF Planet Hastings scorecard on your email FB! Wink
Myself & The Hurricane will probably be there 11ish, so if anyone wants a round where I show them Aceman's lines, feel free to join us! Later in the year I'll recreate his notes for the BO etc & pass 'em around.
I can't wait to get back there again, in the absence of Strokes it's a great alternative!
Hole 10 - Death or Glory! Twisted Evil
After a spot of Little Chef breakfast (Olympic stylee!!) we should be down there about the same time. Get a bit of pre-comp practice in and reaquaint myself with the course... looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Freebird wrote:
Mr X wrote:
New version of the DOTF Planet Hastings scorecard on your email FB! Wink
Myself & The Hurricane will probably be there 11ish, so if anyone wants a round where I show them Aceman's lines, feel free to join us! Later in the year I'll recreate his notes for the BO etc & pass 'em around.
I can't wait to get back there again, in the absence of Strokes it's a great alternative!
Hole 10 - Death or Glory! Twisted Evil
After a spot of Little Chef breakfast (Olympic stylee!!) we should be down there about the same time. Get a bit of pre-comp practice in and reaquaint myself with the course... looking forward to it!
That's the way, a minigolf brekkie, very avuncular FB! (Must look up what that means) lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
The Force



Posts : 1116
Join date : 2009-05-22
Location : Canterbury

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Hope this bad weather clears up in time.

We'll say 11am for an around noon announcement of the groups.

So confirmed so far (let me know if I've missed you off):

The Force
Fizzy
Freebird
DT
Mr.X
The Hurricane
Donkey Gringo
Hole in one Kenobi
Jamie 'Gavin' Miller
Chris 'The Beast' Walsh


Last edited by The Force on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HIOK



Posts : 486
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 31
Location : Oxford

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:21 pm

Mr X wrote:
New version of the DOTF Planet Hastings scorecard on your email FB! Wink
Myself & The Hurricane will probably be there 11ish, so if anyone wants a round where I show them Aceman's lines, feel free to join us! Later in the year I'll recreate his notes for the BO etc & pass 'em around.
I can't wait to get back there again, in the absence of Strokes it's a great alternative!
Hole 10 - Death or Glory! Twisted Evil

I'll be there for opening time trying to cram in as much practice as possible. Any practice rounds / tips would be very welcome from all the pros on here.

Hole 10 Death or Glory - Oh no! We know what Mr X does on Death or Glory Holes from New Malden.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:00 am

rovers85 wrote:
Mr X wrote:
New version of the DOTF Planet Hastings scorecard on your email FB! Wink
Myself & The Hurricane will probably be there 11ish, so if anyone wants a round where I show them Aceman's lines, feel free to join us! Later in the year I'll recreate his notes for the BO etc & pass 'em around.
I can't wait to get back there again, in the absence of Strokes it's a great alternative!
Hole 10 - Death or Glory! Twisted Evil

I'll be there for opening time trying to cram in as much practice as possible. Any practice rounds / tips would be very welcome from all the pros on here.

Hole 10 Death or Glory - Oh no! We know what Mr X does on Death or Glory Holes from New Malden.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

....and I do the same at Planet Hastings HIO! I laid up for a Force style 'safe' 2 in the BO there three years ago, after carding a 7 I decided to never do it again! Rolling Eyes
Like NM's Volcano, the 10th at PH is a straightforward shot, you just need a bit of bottle! Also like NM, you're stuffed if you miss! The sound of a clicker (get one if you don't have one yet!) dropping in the hole is sweet music!
lol!

I'll stick all of my tee off points, aim spots & ball recommendations here before the weekend, just gotta hunt down my notes & dust 'em off, it's been far too long!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
The Force



Posts : 1116
Join date : 2009-05-22
Location : Canterbury

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:06 am

To be honest No.10 at Clambers is far less daunting than New Malden's 16th...I even go for it! (with a clicker)
Back to top Go down
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:13 am

The Force wrote:
To be honest No.10 at Clambers is far less daunting than New Malden's 16th...I even go for it! (with a clicker)
I don't think either is more daunting than the other. you should've gone for it Force! It's the same shot, slight right to left, aim inside right lip. The only thing about NM (HIO found this out) is that if you go for it & miss, you may have an awful 2nd shot due to the cave walls, at PH the 2nd shot is (nearly) always down in that corner & very difficult to get in. If you go for it & miss you're lucky if you get a good line up for your 3rd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:47 am

The Force wrote:
Hope this bad weather clears up in time.

We'll say 11am for an around noon announcement of the groups.

So confirmed so far (let me know if I've missed you off):

The Force
Fizzy
Freebird
DT
Mr.X
Donkey Gringo
Hole in one Kenobi

My son the Hurricane will be there, thats why I was going to Strokes in the first place! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:51 am

Mr X wrote:
The Force wrote:
Hope this bad weather clears up in time.

We'll say 11am for an around noon announcement of the groups.

So confirmed so far (let me know if I've missed you off):

The Force
Fizzy
Freebird
DT
Mr.X
Donkey Gringo
Hole in one Kenobi

My son the Hurricane will be there, thats why I was going to Strokes in the first place! Smile
The weather looks like it's going to be OK for Sunday and Monday (Friday looks dreadfull) so we should be OK for a dry (if not a bit cold and windy) days play
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:19 am

Freebird wrote:
Mr X wrote:
The Force wrote:
Hope this bad weather clears up in time.

We'll say 11am for an around noon announcement of the groups.

So confirmed so far (let me know if I've missed you off):

The Force
Fizzy
Freebird
DT
Mr.X
Donkey Gringo
Hole in one Kenobi

My son the Hurricane will be there, thats why I was going to Strokes in the first place! Smile
The weather looks like it's going to be OK for Sunday and Monday (Friday looks dreadfull) so we should be OK for a dry (if not a bit cold and windy) days play
What no sea mist? It won't be the same! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:45 am

For Hole in One just in case you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.phcgc.com/Planet%20Hastings%20Adventure%20Golf.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
HIOK



Posts : 486
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 31
Location : Oxford

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Thanks very much for the photos and the notes from PH, Mr X. That's a big help.

Current weather forecasts suggest we might be underwater for monday but I'm sure it will take much more than a drop or two of rain to stop us.
Back to top Go down
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:34 pm

rovers85 wrote:
Thanks very much for the photos and the notes from PH, Mr X. That's a big help.

Current weather forecasts suggest we might be underwater for monday but I'm sure it will take much more than a drop or two of rain to stop us.
The mighty (and very reliable) Metcheck suggest otherwise - should be a lovely day out at the coast!!

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=hastings&day=4

See you there!
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Freebird wrote:
rovers85 wrote:
Thanks very much for the photos and the notes from PH, Mr X. That's a big help.

Current weather forecasts suggest we might be underwater for monday but I'm sure it will take much more than a drop or two of rain to stop us.
The mighty (and very reliable) Metcheck suggest otherwise - should be a lovely day out at the coast!!

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=hastings&day=4

See you there!

Hang on, that's not from the recently dropped UK Met Office is it?
They have to be bad to be dumped by this Government for inefficiences! If it is guys, bring your snow gear! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
HIOK



Posts : 486
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 31
Location : Oxford

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:08 am

Unconfirmed reports suggest HIOK has stolen Mr X's tactical notes on Planet Hastings and is heading there in a frantic bid to close the gap on his talented competitors ahead of Duel on The Felt.

It is believed he is heading for the traion station as we speak. Police were unable to explain how he slipped past them - he must have used his powers of the Force - 'I am not the putter you are looking for', but are confident they will catch him.

"If he is heading to hastings, my men will find and arrest him," said DCI Homer. "I would urge the public to stay clear as him. He may be armed with a lethal funsports putter with the dreaded blue rubber. He is extremely dangerous."

Although perhaps not as dangerous as he might be after some significant practice on one of Britain's top mini golf courses...





Happy Easter. See you all tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:59 am

HIOK wrote:
Unconfirmed reports suggest HIOK has stolen Mr X's tactical notes on Planet Hastings and is heading there in a frantic bid to close the gap on his talented competitors ahead of Duel on The Felt.

It is believed he is heading for the traion station as we speak. Police were unable to explain how he slipped past them - he must have used his powers of the Force - 'I am not the putter you are looking for', but are confident they will catch him.

"If he is heading to hastings, my men will find and arrest him," said DCI Homer. "I would urge the public to stay clear as him. He may be armed with a lethal funsports putter with the dreaded blue rubber. He is extremely dangerous."

Although perhaps not as dangerous as he might be after some significant practice on one of Britain's top mini golf courses...





Happy Easter. See you all tomorrow.
affraid May the Force be with you - tomorrow! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Freebird
Admin


Posts : 2923
Join date : 2009-05-21
Age : 49
Location : Kent

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Congrats to The Force for taking the title of the Duel Of The Felt Champion for 2010.

There are a couple of photos on the website http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/ and a full report to follow tomorrow (once I have recovered from the shock of actually tripping out of my shoe on the 2nd!!!).

Thanks to Marc and Anna for organising the whole event, to Andy for the top class score card and Ted for his top notch hospitality at the course.

See you all hopefully on the 14th at the Green for the 2010 Easter Eggstravaganza!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://kentminigolfclub.co.uk
Mr X



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2009-05-22
Age : 55
Location : Kent or preferably Maldives

PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:17 am

Freebird wrote:
Congrats to The Force for taking the title of the Duel Of The Felt Champion for 2010.

There are a couple of photos on the website http://www.kentminigolfclub.co.uk/ and a full report to follow tomorrow (once I have recovered from the shock of actually tripping out of my shoe on the 2nd!!!).

Thanks to Marc and Anna for organising the whole event, to Andy for the top class score card and Ted for his top notch hospitality at the course.

See you all hopefully on the 14th at the Green for the 2010 Easter Eggstravaganza!!!!!

Well done Force, although I gifted you the win, I was looking forward to a playoff! A nice day & good to see you all,
apart from my obvious distraction Elvis, he could outsing Rocky any day! Very Happy
Nice to be back at Clambers/Planet Hastings/White Rock, it is a great course, another KIT day there will see scores tumbling. Anyone play any Matchplay after?
I felt sorry for Ted after going to the seafront, every hole on the Crazy & Adventure courses was covered in crowds of people, it was a sight to see & I think they may have made a few bob yesterday! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whufc.com/page/Home
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Duel on the Felt 2010   Today at 8:58 am

Back to top Go down
 
Duel on the Felt 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New kites for Blast, for 2010
» Nebelhorn Trophy 2010
» Dirt Wheels Magazine ~ March 2010
» PAC Convention 2010
» ARM WARS "TRIPLE ExXxCEL" Excel Exhibition Centre LONDON 28th - 31st May 2010

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KMGC :: KMGC Forum :: Welcome to the KMGC Forum :: KMGC competitions-
Jump to: